Who We Are
Podchaser is the world’s most comprehensive podcast database — collecting, enhancing, and distributing podcast insights to power discovery for listeners, podcasters, and brands.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist to join our growing data team. You will be responsible for analyzing our data sets and creating next-generation systems that power many of Podchaser’s features. You can work from anywhere in the world.
You’ll help plan and lead the next generation of products and data initiatives through the planning, implementation, and maintenance of our data systems.
To succeed in this position, you should have the capability of reviewing the project requirements and existing/potential data and then choosing how to solve the problem using a variety of data science approaches including machine learning, NLP, or other techniques.
You should also be able to then implement the solution, have strong analytical skills, and the ability to communicate your ideas and results. If you are detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills, and a lot of experience in this field, we’d like to hear from you.
- Work with large data sets of text, numbers, and audio to identify ways to use the data to build new features and systems
- Apply various data science methods to understand the most meaningful aspects of our product, users, and business
- Build reproducible and scalable ML models in Python and Spark
- Work with large, complex data sets to solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems
- Focus on improving data quality and anomaly detection to increase trust in data
- Systematically identify issues with data quality and help data engineering address them
- Do deep analyses to help us understand our data better and help shape the direction of the business
- Summarize data and investigation through text, presentation, dashboard, and other mediums
- Work with other teams such as product, engineering, and sales teams, to provide deep insights about business and product
You Are Perfect for This Role if You Have…
- At least 4 years in a Data Scientist role or similar roles
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to structure and conduct appropriate analyses
- Strong written and verbal communication skills — you must be able to write and explain your work in laymen’s terms
- Experience working with big data. We have datasets consisting of hundreds of millions of data points
- Experience with NLP, including sentiment analysis, text summarization, and entity recognition/extraction
- Strong familiarity with a variety of machine learning approaches, including neural networks, random forest and GBTs, KNNs, k-means clustering, various types of regressions, and Bayesian techniques, and when to use certain ones
- Expert-level SQL – most of our data is in MySQL or Redshift and you should have well-honed skills at accessing it
- Expert-level knowledge of data science libraries such as pandas, numpy, tensor-flow / keras or pytorch, scikit-learn, plotly (or equivalent)
- Experience with the cleaning and manipulation of data
- Experience with Elasticsearch or other Lucene-based inverted indexes
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau is a plus
- Experience with podcasts (or have listened to podcasts) would help but is not required
Perks of Working at Podchaser
- Fully distributed team – We have been remote since the beginning so have processes and systems already in place to ensure we are remote-friendly
- Flexible schedule – You know the times you work best so you can work a schedule that works best for you
- A positive, collaborative, and diverse culture
- Potential for stock options
- Unlimited Vacation/PTO time
This role is a full-time, fully remote position with a salary range of $120,000 USD to $150,000 USD.
Apply on Indeed.com