Daniel Gallancy is a husband and father to an 18 month old son. He studied electrical engineering and physics in school, but ended up working in finance, doing diligence on tech companies for an investment fund. In 2011, he discovered bitcoin and became enamored with the concept. At that time, he bought 1 whole bitcoin for $4 dollars. Looking back, he obviously wishes he would have bought more. We got into an interesting conversation about ICO's - initial coin offerings - and tokens in general, around how companies drive up the value of said tokens through usage, rather than business profit. In his words, he saw the ICO world as a regulatory arbitrage, which didn't make for a good investment, but did make an interesting story.
In 2013, he decided to leave the hedge fund world - IE his nice cushy job - and pursue something in the crypto world. Ultimately, he realized that some of the more interesting concepts being used in crypto - specifically, distributed key management - could be used in solutions outside of the block chain world. In a discussion with his co-founder, they figured out that solutions like this didn't exist, and that they wanted to build it.
This is the creation story of Atakama ( https://www.atakama.com/ ).
* Acton Children's Business Fair ( https://www.childrensbusinessfair.org/ )
* ProdPerfect ( https://prodperfect.com/ )
* Website: https://www.atakama.com/
* LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gallancy/
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts ( https://ratethispodcast.com/codestory )
Amazing tools we use:
* This podcast is hosted on RedCircle ( https://redcircle.com/ ) , a FREE platform for podcasts and brands to scale their message.
* Want to record your remote interviews with class? Then, you need to use Squadcast ( https://squadcast.fm/?ref=noahlabhart ).
* Code Story uses the 1-click product ClipGain ( https://clipgain.io/?utm_campaign=clipgain&utm_medium=episode&utm_source=codestory ) , sign up now to get 3hrs of podcast processing time FREE
* If you want an amazing publishing platform for your podcast, with amazing support & people – use Transistor.fm ( https://transistor.fm/?via=code-story )
Credits: Code Story is hosted and produced by Noah Labhart. Be sure to subscribe on Apple Podcasts ( https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/code-story/id1466861744 ) , Spotify ( https://open.spotify.com/show/0f5HGQ2EPd63H83gqAifXp ) , Pocket Casts ( https://pca.st/Z1k7 ) , Google Play ( https://play.google.com/music/listen?pcampaignid=MKT-na-all-co-pr-mu-pod-16&t=Code_Story&view=%2Fps%2FIcdmshauh7jgmkjmh6iu3wd4oya ) , Breaker ( https://www.breaker.audio/code-story ) , Youtube ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgjZsiUDp-oKY_ffHc5AUpQ ) , or the podcasting app of your choice.
Support this podcast at — https://redcircle.com/code-story/donations
Advertising Inquiries: https://redcircle.com/brands
Privacy & Opt-Out: https://redcircle.com/privacy