As a busy entrepreneur, you probably have a pretty set routine, right? When was the last time you sat back and looked at where you're actually headed, and why you want to get there?
Elijah started his entrepreneurial journey as a freshman in high school by buying misspelled "macboks" and "ipoods" on eBay and flipping them for profit. Over the next decade, Elijah hit all the startup clichés–self-taught programmer, college dropout, co-founder of a Silicon Valley startup, and even lived on a sailboat for a year. Elijah left San Francisco for New York City to co-found his new venture, Matter, a software product studio blending in-house startup incubation with product, design and engineering innovation. His latest project, Grit List, is a 10-year commitment to write personal growth stories every week.
On this episode of the Abundantly Clear podcast, Malorie and Elijah jam on achieving fulfillment through healthy, balanced struggle, thriving in an entrepreneurial environment made up of multiple engaging projects, and ditching our common obsession with reaching the outcome. Listen in to reinvigorate the inspiration that made you do what you do in the first place.
- Why challenge is a foundational piece in Elijah's brand of personal growth
- How Elijah took the process of building a new product every month and turned it into a test drive for the company he has now
- What to shift your focus to in order to make and reach goals that drive you towards your own idea of success
- And much more!
“The creation part is what is so alluring to entrepreneurship, and freedom, right? And if you end up building something that's working and everything's going forward, then you don't really need to create more. And you're kind of structured in that - let's keep doing what's working and maybe improve it. But if that kills your soul, then that's not right for you. Maybe you need to build multiple things and kind of move on and move through stages, you're the early-stage person. Just do what you love and then go on to the next thing.”
- Elijah Murray
Connect with Elijah:
How to get involved
- Malorie has become an expert in helping people remove their mindset blocks, so they can experience the growth in their business and decrease in stress they desire. Check the site to learn more, download a freebie and stay connected.
If you liked this episode, take a moment to subscribe on Apple Podcasts
and post a review, or visit us here
- and be sure to check out episodes 57, 63 and 24 to hear more from Malorie’s clients!