"If there could be a dining critic, a theater critic…why couldn’t there be a wellness critic?" —Melisse Gelula
Melisse Gelula is the co-founder of the health and fitness mega-brand Well+Good
. On this episode, she talks about starting — and growing — something you believe in, and how Well+Good went from an idea to fill a hole in the publishing industry to a brand reaching more than 12 million readers every month. She talks about Well+Good's focus, and why it's more than green juice and SoulCycle but isn't weight loss or looking a certain way, and talks passionately about why wellness should be taken seriously.
Big congratulations to Melisse and the Well+Good team for the launch of the Well+Good Cookbook. Head to my Instagram — @aliontherun1
— for your chance to win a copy!
Thank you to AfterShokz for sponsoring this episode of the Ali on the Run Show! CLICK HERE
for $50 off your wireless headphone endurance bundle!
What you’ll get on this episode:
- Was Melisse’s plan always to be a journalist? Plus how Well+Good became a reality (5:00)
- How Melisse got people to take a wellness website seriously (13:45)
- What Well+Good looks like now (18:30)
- What wellness-related things people are obsessed with right now (21:40)
- What is it like to work at Well+Good? (28:00)
- Looking at the wellness industry as an inclusive place, and what is there for people who can’t afford the fancy green juices and SoulCycle classes? (39:45)
- All about Well+Good’s annual Wellness Trends (43:00)
- What’s next for Well+Good? (47:40)
What we mention on this episode: Well+Good in The New York Times Well+Good Cookbook The Best and Worst Nutrition Bars via Well+Good Well+Good's 2019 Wellness Trends Expo West Forward Space
Listen & Subscribe:
SUPPORT the Ali on the Run Show! If you’re enjoying the show, please subscribe and leave a rating and review on Apple P…
. Spread the run love. And if you liked this episode, share it with your friends!