In this episode of the Magnetic Memory Method Podcast, I talk about a strange book called How to Memorize the Bible Quick and Easy in 5 Simple Steps that claims mnemonics are a form of witchcraft!
In addition to debunking this claim, in today’s episode you’ll learn:
* The real reason I wrote How to Learn and Memorize the Psalms of the Bible
* Why I have been asked to help people stop memorizing the scripture.
* Why actually reading scripture may be more important than memorizing them.
* How the laws of physics, force and velocity relate to the universal principles of mnemonics and Memory Palace construction.
* Why you need to take dedicated memory training so that you can learn to build effective Memory Palaces, understand journeys and asssociative-imagery and learn Recall Rehearsal.
* Why memorizing textbooks
verbatim is not necessarily the best goal and an invitation to learn how to do it the right way.
* Why books that mix mnemonics and theology are can be dangerous for your health (and what to read instead).
* Why asking God to help you memorize the Bible will probably involve a dedicated memory technique (possibly even the Magnetic Memory Method).
* Why belief (not faith) can be a mnemonic strategy and how to properly place it.
* Why memorizing only the material that leaps out at you might be good for “bibliomancy” when memorizing a textbook, but probably won’t help you when trying to memorize scripture verbatim.
* Why mnemonics are most certainly not blasphemous.
* Why mnemonics bears absolutely no relationship to witchcraft (because witchcraft doesn’t exist).
* Why memorizing long strings of numbers is absolutely fantastic for building your memory skills.
* The relationship between weight-lifting and memory skills.
* Why rote-learning is the “blunt force hammer” of learning.
* The benefits of reading books twice before you memorize them (either in whole or in part).
* The mysteries of “chunking” and “rechunking.”
* Why the future of the human species is going to be better than its past.
* Why the words “atheist” and “agnostic” are ridiculous words (but not ones that should be forgotten).
* Why Memory Palaces and location-based memory techniques are the best of all mnemonic methods.
* Exactly how to ensure that you never forget where you left your keys again.
* How to find more Memory Palaces than you can shake a Magnetic stick at.
* Why your memory has no saturation point whatsoever.
* How to leverage the natural ability of the mind to memorize all the information you could ever want.
* … and much, much more!
If you’re interested here’s the book talked about in the podcast:
Here’s my book about how to memorize the psalms:
And this is the video course I mentioned that goes even deeper into memorizing verse in general. Use coupon code “nonstrology” for a special introductory discount on your one time investment in this revolutionary memory training. It comes with a 30-day Magnetic Decision Guarantee.
is the founder of the Magnetic Memory Method, a systematic, 21st Century approach to memorizing foreign language vocabulary, dreams, names, music, poetry and much more in ways that are easy, elegant, effective and fun.
The post Of Witchcraft, Nonstrology And Mnemonics
appeared first on Magnetic Memory Method - Memory Improvement Made E…