After trying deal sites and Shopify store, Vina settled for Etsy to sell her product. In Etsy, just like other platforms, you have to make sure your listing has a good title, has good pictures and you are offering your customers what they are looking for. Vina did this by learning what people were searching for and optimized her listing using keywords. This led her to make $20k from one shirt.
Having that many orders, Vina had to deal with the fulfillment part to get the orders to her customers. She used her Shipstation account and also Etsy shipping to deliver all these orders. Etsy shipping helped her manage her orders in the click of a button with the same price as ShipStation. She breaks down the numbers involved when selling on Etsy for us.
She advises us that you should look at Etsy as a deal site where you can build your brand. It’s a great place for someone who is starting out because you don’t have to build the perfect store. You can test your product here to see if it is a viable product and if anyone likes it, then move on as you build your brand.
- Making it easy for your customers to find what they are looking for (05:25)
- How one shirt made $20,000 in one month (08:50)
- Using resources on your current platform to make better decisions for your product (10:08)
- Titles are important on Etsy, make them relevant and easy for your customers (11:14)
- Letting go of the product you think will sell and sell what your customers are asking for (14:17)
- Start small so that you are not overwhelmed by the orders (15:18)
- Why you need to replicate your listings on Etsy using keywords (17:04)
- How upselling on Etsy helps push customers to add your other products to their order (18:12)
- Fulfilling a large number of orders in the middle of a pandemic (25:30)
- Why Etsy is a good place to start while testing if you have a viable product (28:15)
- Three tips for having a successful listing on Etsy (32:04)
Vina Howell's Store
Connect with Alison:
Join the $1-100k Program