In this episode, my guest Bev Schweigert tells us how a slow start morphed into record breaking sales for her business. She teaches us that the offer is not in the product, it’s in the story behind why you sell the product.
Bev calls herself a “slow starter” in the entrepreneur world. Last year, she quit her job to focus on her true passion which is mission work. Before she could fully invest herself in that work, she needed to raise some money. She tells me about how her business turned into her mission.
Bev liked the idea of selling jewelry. After she attended my Because I Can talk about finding your why, she saw opportunity in her sales. Selling jewelry that supported your faith was an outlet for people to visibly represent their religion. It became her story and her marketing niche.
Bev tells me about how she started incorporating her story about faith into her offers and increased the amount of offers she sent from 4 to 30 a month. Her sales sky-rocketed. They were growing during the hardest economic month of the year. While small businesses were devastated by the impact of coronavirus in March, Bev told herself that she would not give up and continued to push offers. Her sales continued to increase through the month of may.
She tells me that her biggest success secret is organization. She uses Trello to keep track of her inventory and offers so she can compound her sales. A few episodes back, I talked about why we are meant to make money. In Bev’s case, she was meant to hit record sales so she can use the money to give back through her missions.
- Introduction of our guest, Bev Schweigert (1:00)
- Why Bev quit her job and decided to earn money to do mission work (4:48)
- Had a slow start to opening her business Blessed Be Boutique in 2019 (5:31)
- Went to my conference and learned why she wanted to sell jewelry (8:12)
- Bev started sending offers that told her story (9:50)
- Learning to focus on what’s important in the business, not stressing the small stuff (11:59)
- How she created offers in the beginning (14:35)
- Her big change in pace for distributing offers (15:39)
- Coronavirus and how she didn't give up on her business (17:02)
- Bev’s key to time management (20:20)
- Her technique to putting offers out each month (25:05)
- Her best offer (30:05)
- What Bev would tell the slow-starter entrepreneur (33:06)
Check out Bev's website here
, be sure to use the code "I Can" to get %35 off anything except t-shirts.
Connect with Alison:
Join the $1-100k Program