We’re living in a period of climate change. Our Earth has been getting warmer since the mid-19th century.
So how will humans adapt to and endure this period of global warming? Will they adapt to it and endure?
It turns out the people of early America also lived through a period of climate change and their experiences may hold some answers for us. Sam White
, an Associate Professor at The Ohio State University and author of A Cold Welcome: The Little Ice Age and Europe’s En…
, joins us to explore the Little Ice Age and how it impacted initial European exploration and colonization of North America.
Show Notes: https://www.benfranklinsworld.com/189
- Episode 015: Joyce Chaplin, Round About the Earth
- Episode 049: Malcolm Gaskill, How the English Became America
- Episode 079: James Horn, What Are Historical Sources (Colonial Jamestown)
- Episode 116: Erica Charters, Disease & the Seven Years’ War
- Episode 127: Caroline Winterer, American Enlightenments
- Episode 267: Thomas Wickman, Snowshoe Country