Jan 10 2019, Q&A Episode 393: How To Increase Testosterone After Exercise, Keto For Athletes, Keto Pancakes, Cream Cheese, CBD Gummies & More!
During this podcast intro, Ben mentions Thorne Mediclear
, The Fresh-Pressed Olive Oil Club
, Elemental Health CBD, BioCBD, Thorne Hemp and his new book releasing at DiscoverKi.com.
Have a podcast question for Ben? Click the button at the bottom of the page (or go to SpeakPipe
), or use the Contact button in the free Ben Greenfield Fitness app
News Flashes [6:50]
You can receive these News Flashes (and more) every single day, if you follow Ben on Twitter.com/BenGreenfield
. Special Announcements [37:34] This podcast is brought to you by: –The Butcher Box
Skip the store and spend more time on what's important - family. Get your meat delivered, for free, right to your door. Each box, whether it's chosen by you or curated by us, is perfectly packed and portioned for your needs. Get 2 FREE pounds of wild caught Alaskan salmon.
What's better than Kion Coffee? Keeping it piping hot at home, in the office, or on-the-go in a stylish Kion Tumbler!
Red Juice. A “Tart-Sweet” Custom Brew With The HOTTEST Fat Melting And “Skin-Firming” Superfoods In The World. Use discount code "Greenfield" at checkout and get 20% off your entire order.
-Click here to follow Ben on Snapchat
, and get ready for some epic stories about his morning, day and evening routine!
Ben's Adventures: [43:40] – January 12, 2019: TEDxCoeurdalene, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. At a TEDx event
, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. I am thrilled to present topics in longevity and biohacking to in an intimate setting to an inspired audience. Join me!
–January 30, 2019: NextHealth
FOREFRONT Talk with Ben Greenfield: NextHealth, Century City, CA Westfield Mall 10250 Santa Monica Blvd LA CA 90067 to RSVP and for more information, send an email to RSVP@next-health.com
– Jan 20 – 21, 2019: Serious Business Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana. This conference is going invoke thought and insight and expose you to new ideas and thinking on self-development and business in the beauty industry. Register here.
– February 22- 24, 2019: CalJam: The Rebel Yell Tour. California Jam combines a TED talk format with a rock n’ roll show in-between! The driving objective of the event is to get attendees up to date on chiropractic research, scientific studies, and useful practice management strategy. The hope is that attendees bring all they learn at Cal Jam back to their communities to implement real, rippling change. Get your tickets here
before the prices go up!
– April 6 – 7, 2019: FitCon Summit, Salt Lake City, Utah. FitCon® encourages everyone to Find Their Fit. It does not matter whether it is powerlifting, Crossfit, bodybuilding, roller derby, or even axe throwing. Be sure to visit the Kion booth in the expo!
– April 26 – 28, 2019: Paleo f(x) Conference, Austin, Texas. Join me, staff from my company, Kion, and the rest of your tribe at Paleo f(x)™ 2019, the largest gathering of Paleo / ancestral health / keto / functional medicine / strength & conditioning experts in the world… see everything you'll get out of this enriching, enlightening event. Besides, April is a wonderful time of year to visit Austin, TX….Get your tickets
– June 23 – July 7, 2019: European Detox Retreat, Paracelsus al Ronc, Switzerland. At this 2019 liver detox and R&R at the beautiful Swiss Mountain Clinic (formerly Paracelsus al Ronc) in the Italian quarter of Switzerland, you will stay on-site and receive diagnostics and treatments from the best doctors of biological medicine to detox your liver and your soul. Plus you're going to have a wonderful time hiking, sightseeing and enjoying one of the most beautiful places in the world. Here's the link
to more info. *this event is sold out, waitlist is available -View the Official Ben Greenfield Fitness Calendar…
Giveaways & Goodies -This week's top iTunes review - gets some BG Fitness swag straight from Ben - click here to leave your review for a chance to wi…
Listener Q&A As compiled, deciphered, edited and sometimes read by Brock Armstrong
, the Podcast Sidekick.
How To Increase Testosterone After Exercise [47:08] Jim says: You have talked about how testosterone levels can be prolonged if you simply fast after a workout and that they dip if you eat post-workout. I am wondering if eating post-workout just causes a drop in blood testosterone because your insulin takes the testosterone out of the blood and shovels it into the muscle to begin recovery. So I am wondering if eating post workout is actually something we could do to enhance recovery and that blood levels of testosterone are not, in fact, the real desired effect.
In my response, I recommend: -My podcast on the benefits of fasted exercise
-My podcast with Mark Sisson
-Kion essential amino acids
-Essential amino acids and muscle protein recovery …
How To Fix The School Lunch Program [59:53] Ben says: I would love to hear your ideas for avoiding the epidemic of poor quality food in our public school system. And also if you have any ideas of how we can affect a change in the system so future children don't have to suffer. My daughter's kindergarten offers hot dogs, nachos, corn dogs and an ice cream truck from Hershey's. I would love you hear your thoughts on combating this issue and getting better vendors into the system.
In my response, I recommend: -The book "Feeding You Lies"
-What Kids Around The World Eat For School Lunch
-Healthy School Lunch Campaign
-TheLunchBox.org -Packing The Perfect Lunchbox by Weston. A Price
-BigGreen.org Prior to asking your question
, do a search in the upper right-hand corner of this website for the keywords associated with your question. Many of the questions we receive have already been answered here at Ben Greenfield Fitness!