Ever wonder what real estate investing looks like from a real estate agent’s perspective?
On today’s episode of the BiggerPockets Podcast
, we sit down with Dawn Brenengen, a real estate agent-turned-landlord and discuss how she made the transition into the investing world, as well as her tricks and tips for success as a landlord. Along with important insight into the real estate licensing process, Dawn covers property management, house hacking, and a whole lot more! Listen for advice on finding a great property, handling everyday rental issues and finding that elusive “ideal” tenant. And in case you were wondering when it’s appropriate to bend the “2% Rule” — this episode explores that, too!
Whether you have experience as a real estate agent or not, don’t miss this inspiring show!
In This Show We Cover:
- How Dawn got started in real estate
- Thoughts on being a licensed real estate agent
- The qualities that make a successful agent
- A real estate agent’s perspective on what investors are looking for
- The 2% rule — and how to know when to bend it
- Importance characteristics of a great property
- The process of “house hacking“
- What you need to know about property management
- How to handle tenant issues with grace
- The process of qualifying tenants
- Different perspectives on owning a home
- The ins and outs of establishing relationships with property managers
- The pros and cons of self management versus hiring the job out
- Tenant red flags and finding the ideal tenant
- Plus MUCH more!
Links From the Show:
Books Mentioned in the Show
Connect with Dawn