Change takes on many shapes and forms and can be daunting for many people. Creating big change in an organization oftentimes requires a well-considered approach based on disruptive leadership. Today’s guest is Tom Bohn
, President and CEO of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
. In this episode, he talks to us about disruptive leadership and driving change in uncertain environments to take organizations to new heights. We ask Tom to expand on disruptive leadership as he walks us through its central pillars to kick things off. Following this, we unpack why change can be so unsettling for organizations and how you can make the process seamless. We also uncover some of the excuses people use to avoid growth, like fear of failure and a fear of not having all the answers. We then look at a practical example of how Tom coped with drastic change, focusing specifically on the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. Looking at change more closely, we then speak with Tom about how to ensure diversity within organizations.
Key Points From This Episode:
Thomas Bohn on LinkedIn
- Tom’s thoughts on disruptive leadership and how it applies to the organization he leads.
- Why meaningful change is disruptive by nature.
- Three components from a cultural perspective that impact disruptive change.
- Common excuses used to not grow during a time of change.
- How Tom has coped with the drastic change caused by COVID.
- How leaders can best address angst.
- Tom shares why he is never unwilling to have conflict and to disagree with his peers.
- Hear how leaders can affect change in organizations to bring about more diversity.
- Tom shares how working with Parity has been a real game-changer.
Thomas Bohn email
Good to Great on Amazon
The Black Friend: On Being a Better White Pers…
Alex Drost LinkedIn
Branch Out Podcast LinkedIn
Connection Builders LinkedIn
Have thoughts or comments? We want to hear from you. email@example.com