Co-Founders Hollis Carter and Michael Lovitch have demonstrated ‘what happens when a couple of pseudo-intellectual hacks attempt to create a worthwhile entrepreneurial community.’ Serial Entrepreneur Hollis Carter admits that he turns his ‘outlets’ into businesses.
Carter talks with Roland today about his businesses, and specifically the Mastermind, Baby Bathwater Institute, that ties them all together.
"YEAH, THE NAME IS ODD, BUT DON'T LET THAT FOOL YOU." - FORBES
Listen Today For,
“And we were like; we should do something together cause we go to eat like five times a week, and we need a credit card together.” Hollis Carter.
- How this strangely-named Institute came about.
“That was the only time we actually ran any marketing. It was more for the intention of diversification than leads”. - Hollis Carter.
- Their alternative “Lifestyle” approach to a Business Mastermind.
- How they created stability by shifting their events business to a membership model that had events as one of the benefits.
- The downside of a Lifestyle business.
- Their 'non-mission statement' that provides direction.
- The unique values that Baby Bathwater installs in their membership.
- How they’ve used their marketing background to serve Baby Bathwater.
Plus, Tips On Facilitating Networking in a Non-Business way.
“There’s a lot of little touches, but our big one is not to make anything feel too structured…but we spend lots of time planning it so that they all kind of happen in concert without anyone really feeling it forced upon them.” Hollis Carter.
- The carefully planned ‘light side touches’ that make all the difference.
• His Ask, Give, Share Model
“Entrepreneurs are inherently competitive, and they seem to be competing quite a bit to give more. I love it” - Hollis Carter.
And more! Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Business Lunch with Roland Frasier? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on ApplePodcasts and leave us an honest review! Your feedback will help us improve the show and connect us with more high flyers like you.
You can also find us on your go-to podcast platform here.
Find Hollis Carter On Instagram Visit the Baby Bathwater Site.
Follow Roland Frasier On Facebook On Instagram Through his Website
Follow Business Lunch Podcast On Twitter On YouTube Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Business Lunch with Roland Frasier? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on ApplePodcasts and leave us an honest review! Your feedback will help us improve the show and connect us with more high flyers like you. Click to find us on Apple Podcasts and other podcast players.
Business Lunch with Roland Frasier is brought to you by Scalable Podcasts.