Baratunde Thurston joins Joel to discuss working at the union of news, politics, comedy, and technology as well as philosophy, events, The Onion, Cultivated Wit, and more. Links for this episode:
- Baratunde Thurston (@baratunde) on Twitter
- Baratunde's Fast Company cover story
"#Unplug: Baratunde Thurston Left The Internet For 25 Days, And You Should, Too"
- notes from SXSW 2006
Baratunde shared recollections of SXSWs past, mentioning Bruce Sterling and Burnie Burns, both cited in this long journal post written by an attendee about that year's event.
- SXSW Opening Keynote 2012: On The Power Of Comedy
- Baratunde has some great stuff on YouTube.
- The Onion
- Laughing Liberally
- Baratunde Thurston's Wikipedia entry
Y'all feel free to improve the photo, update info, etc.
- Wikipedia Entry for Immanuel Kant's Critique …
- Netroots Nation
- Cultivated Wit
"We are comedy writers, designers, artists, software engineers, strategists, and unmanned aerial vehicles excited by pushing the bounds of creativity, especially where comedy and technology are involved. We believe in deploying wit to infuse the world with some much-needed humanity. And also, freedom."
- Whiskey Friday
- Brooklyn Beta 2013
- How To Be Black
homepage for Baratunde's latest book
- AOL's Funded
This web series features Baratunde Thurston exploring crowdfunding and debuts later this September.
- Web Summit
October 30 and 31, 2013, in Dublin
- Idea Festival, Louisville
- Steven Tomlinson at TEDxAustin
"The advice I have for you is, 'Don't discard.'"
Shutterstock (use code DANSENTME114 for 25% off), and Shopify