On the last episode of our 33rd series, halfway to the evil number, we welcome back Grant Howitt and Chris Taylor from Rowan Rook and Decard, to discuss character creation and world building in Unbound, a scalable action pulp, collaborative world building RPG. We also get to some pretty fantastic fanfiction for our characters, so you’ll want to stick around for that!
- Make Georgia Twice as Nice One Shot Act Blue Campaign for Fair Voting:
- Ryan’s Chimera Live Stream Campaign: A Tale of Twinkle and Awe
- Cape and Blade Live Stream Campaign:
- Contact us about an art commission!
Leave us reviews in any, or all, of these places:
Character Creation Cast on Apple Podcasts (The best place to leave reviews for us)
Character Creation Cast on Podchaser
Character Creation Cast on Stitcher
Character Creation Cast on Facebook
Guests and Projects:
Grant Howitt @gshowitt
Chris Taylor @TheMaddigan
Rowan, Rook and Decard
Games discussed this episode:
- 00:00:00 - Announcements
- 00:03:06 - ReIntroductions
- 00:06:33 - D20 for your thoughts?
- 00:06:54 - Grant and Chris’s favorite part of creating games.
- 00:08:31 - What was it light to playtest Unbound?
- 00:14:39 - How does character creation stack up against other games?
- 00:21:38 - How does the process of character creation set expectations of playing Unbound?
- 00:27:02 - How does creating a world affect creating characters?
- 00:31:33 - What is the biggest flaw and the best part of creating characters in Unbound?
- 00:35:21 - Fanfiction!
- 00:42:15 - Take it up a level! - Advancement Mechanics
- 00:48:28 - What effect does this have on the narrative?
- 00:51:50 - Episode Closer
- 00:53:32 - Call to Action
- 00:56:57 - Credits
- 00:58:52 - Show Blurb: Total Party Kill
- 00:59:38 - Outtakes
Character Creation Cast: