Today I’m talking with Lead Pastor, Jeff Henderson.
Jeff, son of a preacher, is the Lead Pastor of Gwinnett Church, the most recent multi-campus location of North Point Ministries. He is married and is a father of two. His daughter was finishing her last day of high school as we recorded this podcast, while his son wrapped up his first year of high school.
I wanted to talk with Jeff because he has a huge heart for family. With Father’s day approaching, I felt it would be fitting to hear from a man who openly and regularly expresses his love for his children. Jeff acknowledges that growing up with a great dad has had great influence on the way in which he fathers his children. He shares, that as odd as it may sound, for the longest he didn’t realize that not everyone had the same type of example he had. It became very clear to him that many view their heavenly Father in the same way they view their earthly father, which influenced the way that he fathered and pastored.
With a personal passion for fatherhood and pastoring people, Jeff fathers and pastors with intentionality. On this podcast he shares how that practically plays out in his life. From daily meal times to major life transitions, Jeff reminds us of the importance of moments, significance of mentors and the value of memories. This isn’t just a podcast about fathers, it is a message relevant and important to hear for all us.
Highlight from Today’s Episode:
- Quantity time vs. quality time
- Making use of meal times
- Choosing family over career
- Insight into the insecurities of fathers
==> Click to Tweet
==> Resources from Today’s Show
==> General Links
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
- Did you miss last weeks podcast with Chrissy Toledo? Check it out here!
- Kingdom Woman by Chrystal Evans Hurst and Tony Evans
After you’ve listened to the podcast, I’d love to continue the conversation. Be sure and leave a comment!
- Does your career create challenges for quantity and quality time for your family? How do you keep family a priority?
- We have the tendency to forget. How do you ensure that the memories you cherish don’t slip away?
Twitter Facebook Pinterest Instagram
Connect with me…
How to Listen to The Podcast
If you’re new to podcasts, think of them like little radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. They are perfect to listen to and learn from as you workout, fold laundry, wash dishes or conquer the world.
1. Listen right here on the blog. Click the little play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes
or Google Play! – Be sure and subscribe so you don’t miss an episode! Also, if you would be so kind as to leave a rating on iTunes and/or write a 2-3 sentence review
there or on Stitcher
? Your commentary or rating helps make the podcast more “findable” by others who might not know it exists!
3. Share today’s show – Email the link to a friend or share on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
You have been so great to join me on the journey here on the blog, I hope you jump right in do the same on the podcast!