This set may put you in a trance. Full of enormous vocal house and trance tracks that deserve much attention. "Counting down the minutes 'til tonight." Enjoy!
Track List (57:12)
- Till Tonight (Original Mix) - Laidback Luke feat. Jonathan Mendelsohn: Former graffiti artist turned DJ, Laidback Luke, from the Netherlands, turns in a massive tune with the vocal power of Jonathan Mendelelsohn. Jonathan had one of my fave tunes, with Wamdue Project, last year with Forgiveness. Check out my previous mix of the same title, Forgiveness.
- Come Back (Original Club Mix) - Chicane: The new single to launch the new Chicane album titled 'Giants'. This is essentially a rework of the Paul Young 80's song 'Come Back and Stay'. I'm a big Chicane fan and have already featured two other recent singles on past sets, Hiding All The Stars and Poppiholla that I hope are also on the new album.
- Major Tom (Adam K & Soha Club Mix) - Shiny Toy Guns: Peter Schilling recorded it originally but it is the David Bowie character that made it famous. Shiny Toy Guns has a knack for recording exciting cover songs and is perhaps also best known for the songs in the Lincoln car commercials.
- U R Everything (Main Mix) - Chuck Love feat. Colette: The Minneapolis based DJ turns out a smooth house track with a vocal by Colette that seems to work perfectly. "You you you you are are are everything..." I dare you to try and get that simple lyric out of your head!
- Anthonio (Fred Falke Remix) - Annie: Norwegian singer Annie says this tune is about a holiday affair between her and the title character. As always, Fred Falke doesn't disappoint. "Oh Anthonio it's been nearly one year since our Rio... Was I ever more than just a face in the crowd? Did you even know my name? Did you ever really care?"
- I Remember - Deadmau5 ft. Kaskade: Progressive house at it's best with two of my faves. Note, Deadmau5 sounds like "dead mouse". "Hold to the love that you know You don't have to give up to let go. Remember how you pulled me through. I remember."
- At The Edge Of This Mountain (Club Mix) - Mango and Aqua Diva: "I heard you cry for a distant love that will never come back." A simple song that copies that progressive sound that seems to be flourishing. But I still love it.
- Stars Collide (Timothy Allan Remix) - Damien S. feat. Femke: Easily one of my fave tunes on this set. Find the equally great Loverush UK mix on my previous set Hiding All The Stars.
- Choice (Dennis Sheperd Remix)- Michael Angelo Feat. Marcie: "Sometimes we hold on too long. Sometimes we cling to things that really are hurtful. Sometimes we don’t see what’s obvious. Sometimes we don’t know we have a choice." Vocal trance at it's best!
- I Feel Love (Original Mix) - Rhythm Masters, MYNC, Wynter Gordon: You know the original by Donna Summer. What else can be said. Just perfect!
- Amazing Grace (The Sharp Boy's Extended Club Mix) - Boy George feat. Ana Lains: I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a Boy George tune. Sharp Boy's turn a very good original mix into a stomper house tune. Throw in that Ana vocal sample and Boy himself and it's suddenly fantastic. Could be a fave of the year. "It was just was just another ordinary day. How could you know your life was going to change? You need amazing grace."
- Acapella (Dave Aude Remix) - Kelis: I had ignored this tune for a few months. I'm not much into R&B, Kelis is exactly that, and I admit to a prejudice toward most popular singers. However, my friend Nandi introduced me to this remix and I couldn't help but to fall in love with it thanks to Dave Aude.
Creators & Guests
We don't know anything about the creators of this episode yet. You can add them yourself so they can be credited for this and other podcasts.
This episode hasn't been reviewed yet. You can add a review to show others what you thought.