Guy Raz: How I Built This
Guy Raz is the creator and host of the popular podcasts How I Built This
, Wisdom from the Top
, and The Rewind on Spotify. He’s also the co-creator of the acclaimed podcasts TED Radio Hour
and the children’s programs Wow in the World
and Two Whats?! and a Wow!. He’s received the Edward R. Murrow Award, the Daniel Schorr Journalism Prize, the National Headliner Award, and many others.
In 2017, Guy became the first person in the history of podcasting to have three shows in the top 20 on the Apple Podcast charts. He’s the author of the new book, How I Built This: The Unexpected Path to Success F…
In this conversation, Guy and I discuss what he’s discovered from interviewing the world’s most successful entrepreneurs on How I Built This
. We profile a few of the insightful stories that he’s captured in his new book and dispel some of the common myths. Plus, we explore how happiness and kindness play such an important role in building something new.
- Successful entrepreneurs are able to make the distinction between what is actually dangerous and what is just scary.
- We often think about entrepreneurs as solo leaders, but almost always there is a critical partner who complements their strengths.
- It is common for entrepreneurs to have a day job or other fallback plan as they start something new.
- Money is important, but it’s almost never the driving factor motivating entrepreneurs who have success in the long-run.
- Kindness takes leaders a long way when starting a business.
Book NotesDownload my highlights
from How I Built This in PDF format (free membership required).
Discover MoreActivate your free membership
for full access to the entire library of interviews since 2011, searchable by topic.