We gather around the water cooler at 6 foot distances as Michael and Joe aren’t sure what they streamed, we finally learn who has the best fries, at least in the US, and Allen doesn’t understand evenly distributing your condiments.
For those reading this via their podcast player, this episode’s full show notes can be found at https://www.codingblocks.net/episode131
. Stop by and join in on the conversation.
Anonymous VoteSign in with Wordpress
Are you staying sane during these stay-at-home orders?
- Yes. Or so the voices tell me.
- No. But was I ever sane?
- We really appreciate the latest reviews, so thank you!
- iTunes: Braver1996summer, eleneshector, Dis14Joe
- Stitcher: Nik P, Anonymous, Please HelP, Dis14Joe, thephdwasamistake
- Be on the lookout for live streams of Joe on YouTube or Twitch!
Heard Around the Water Cooler
- COVID-19 Pushes Up Internet Use 70% And Streaming More Than 12%, First Figures Reveal (Forbes)
- Security at Zoom (Zoom)
- Joe has been busy live streaming (YouTube)
- Come learn Apache Drill with us! (YouTube)
- Cmder – Portable console emulator for Windows.
- We’re still learning the keyboard shortcuts.
- 30-Day LeetCoding Challenge (LeetCode.com)
- Coding Interview Tips, How to get better at technical interviews without practicing (InterviewCake.com)
True descriptions of languages (Reddit
- Allen upgrades to the AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
- AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core, 24-thread CPU (Amazon)
- Asus TUF A15 laptop review: AMD’s Ryzen 4000 is a groundbreaking mobile CPU (Eurogamer.net)
- Big data has been on our minds lately.
Tip of the Week
- Interested in COBOL, game development, and Dvorak keyboards? Check out Joe’s new favorite streamer Zorchenhimer. (Twitch)
- Using helm uninstall doesn’t remove persistent volumes nor their claims.
- After doing helm uninstall RELEASE_NAME, delete the persistent volume claim using kubectl delete pvc PVC_NAME to remove the claim, which depending on the storage class and reclaim policy, will also remove the persistent volume. Otherwise, you’d need to manually remove the persistent volume using kubectl delete pv PV-NAME.
- kafkacat – A generic non-JVM producer and consumer for Apache Kafka. (GitHub)