Over the past year, I have had the absolute pleasure to work with the Pine Valley School District as a technology integrator. A small, rural district in Western New York, it has an impressive cadre of tech savvy teachers. One of the most inspirational is 3rd grade teacher, Kirsten Lewis.
A glance into Kirsten's classroom almost always brings a frenzy of students actively engaged in an array of tech infused activities. I've seen green screen activities, Lego We-Do Coding, as well as, OneNote Notebook Podcasting activities, to name just few. Kirsten is also an avid Black Mirror fan and is always willing to talk tech and culture!
Here is a little about Kirsten in her own words: Kirsten Lewis is a 3rd grade teacher with a passion for books and reading with a splash of tech integration. A 15 year veteran, she holds a master’s degree in literacy with certifications in elementary education, english, and literacy. She is a self-proclaimed introvert with a weakness for coffee.
Ways to connect with Kirsten:
Questions for Kirsten:
1. Kirsten what is your favorite coffee blend?
2. Kirsten can you tell me about your tech savvy journey in a district with some tech savvy teachers?
3. You are in a 1 to 1 district using Office 365. How do you like using this platform and how do 3rd graders handle it?
4. How do you find the balance of traditional teaching practices and 21st century teaching practices?
5. Where do you see technology taking us in 5, 10, 15 years and where would you like it to go?
6. You're in the Black Mirror Support Group (Teachers talking about the show, "Black Mirror") What is a favorite episode or one that made you think about Educational Technology and its implications?
7. What's the best way to find balance in tech and non tech learning tools?
8. Where do you get your fearlessness for technology?
9. Tell me about Sandbox Learning?
Speed Geek Questions for Kirsten