Scientists have given coronavirus to ferrets, dogs and cats to try and find out how the virus works.
It turns out some animals can contract and potentially spread coronavirus – and that includes household pets.
In today’s Coronacast, Dr Norman Swan and health reporter Tegan Taylor answer more questions from kids about the pandemic.
On today's show:
* James asks why is the coronavirus also called COVID-19?
* Finn asks does it make animals sick?
* Estelle asks when can I see my grandparents?
* Alice asks why do adults get coronavirus worse than children?
* Oliver asks how close are we to discovering a vaccine for COVID-19?
And don’t forget about the Together In Art Kids project! See our website at abc.net.au/coronacast
for more information.