Do you ever have the urge to put on the boxing gloves and get into the ring? In relationships, it's easy to look for what you don't like or what you would rather fuss over. Let's get ready to rumble!
Hopefully, the holidays were not too stressful on your relationship. But I certainly understand how things can quickly escalate. Sometimes by choice and other times by happenstance.
Desire to be supported and encourage by other like-minded women? Join us at Women of IMPACT
The days get long and the nights get short. You need some downtime only to find more stuff time.
Stuff that distracts you from the love of your life.
And it's not to say they aren't important too. But when everything else is drawing you away from your spouse, how can you draw near?
Let's get ready to rumble!
Michael Buffer trademarked that phrase in 1992. He started as an announcer, an MC, for boxing matches. His phrase that he said all the time when introducing the match was "Let's get ready to rumble."
Most people think of a fight when they hear that phrase. And unfortunately, when we are tired, we may not hear that phrase in our head when our spouse walks in the door, but there you are. Ready for the boxing match; just because.
As you know my Dad passed away over 7 years ago. Well, yesterday would have been my Mom and Dad's 50th wedding anniversary. I still can't believe it. Fifty years is A LOT of years to dedicate your life to someone. If you asked my mom, I'm sure there would be days that she would say that it was more like 75 years of lifetime moments. But other days, so very short when you look back in your mind.
I know life wasn't always easy for my parents. Not only did they have three children to raise, but they also had a congregation, a church. They both loved deep and cared much. They put themselves on hold for the sake of others. Sometimes that can be a blessing and at other times a curse.
Was their marriage perfect? My mom would definitely say NO! It took lots of work, lots of patience, and forgiveness.
When I hear the phrase "Let's get ready to rumble!", in marriage it's all about forgiveness.
The K.I.S.S. ~ Get ready to forgive! You know if we led with a forgiving heart rather than a WIIFM heart, there would be a lot more marriages that thrive and less that die.
Whether it's a boxing match or a college football bowl game, the fight isn't about the win. The win is about forgiveness.
Who can forgive first?
And remember, forgiveness is not about the other person. It's not about what they did or didn't do. It's about your heart, your healing, your time to be more joyful.
So let's get ready to forgive!
- Change the coverage. Don't look for what you don't like. Look for the opportunity to serve with a forgiving heart. Embrace the differences as part of your journey.
- Go deep. If there is something bothering your spouse, then dig deeper. You need to understand his position and what's happening. Don't make assumptions. Those only get you into trouble. Ask questions and then listen.
- Play for the heart. Words and actions speak volumes. You don't have to have all the answers, but you do know how to get to his heart. So love deep and care much.
Mr. Michael Buffer had it all right when it came to announcing a fight..."Let's get ready to rumble!" But in marriage, the rumble isn't about the fight. It's about forgiveness.
Go into battle with your best weapon, forgiveness!
Then, you'll be ready for a different kind of wrestling. (wink, wink)
"Train for life. Love your journey!"
#RelationshipBuilders #CreateYourNow #LoveAndMarriage TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation
- This is a complimentary (FREE) coaching call with me. You will be able to discuss your specific situation and gain tools and strategies to move you forward.
Live. Love. IMPACT! "One step at a time leads to miles of greatness!" Subscribe to Create Your Now TV
Wanting help with goals, setting your schedule, or need someone to talk to (even if you don't know what you need)? It's time you TAKE A.I.M. ~ Action Ignites Motivation
. This is FREE for you. Stop trying to do it by yourself. Put YOU first! Become your best selfie so you can live your life's purpose.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Ready to shine your light and tell your story. Please click on MY STRENGTH IS MY STORY
. Here you can submit yourself to appear on the podcast or make recommendations as who you would like to hear. This is going to be a beautiful series!
Subscribe to Create Your Now TV
Listen to Create Your Now on Spotify.
Listen to Create Your Now on iHeart Radio. Click here.
The Create Your Now Archives
are LIVE!! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
Contact me at YourBestSelfie@CreateYourNow.com THE NO FUSS MEAL PLAN
Instagram @CreateYourNow @Kristianne Wargo
Twitter @KristianneWargo @CreateYourNow
Facebook www.facebook.com/TheKISSCoach www.facebook.com/CreateYourNow
PERISCOPE USERS!!! Click here for ANDROID Users / GOOGLE https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.p… Click here for APPLE Users https://itunes.apple.com/app/id972909677
Read more from Kristianne, a contributor to The Huffington Post, MindBodyGreen, Thrive Global, Addicted2Succes, and She Owns It. https://addicted2success.com/success-advice/5-thin… http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristianne-wargo/ http://bit.ly/9amHabits https://journal.thriveglobal.com/how-to-configure… https://sheownsit.com/when-failure-is-your-middle-…
DOMESTIC BEAUTIES (Announcements)
1. Come and let's connect on Facebook - Women Of IMPACT http://facebook.com/groups/thewomenofimpact
2. Create Your Now ~ Your Best Selfie
can be heard on iHeart Radio, Spotify, and Pandora!
3. Create Your Now Archive 1 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive1
4. Create Your Now Archive 2 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive2
5. Create Your Now Archive 3 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive3
6. Create Your Now Archive 4 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive4
7. Create Your Now Archive 5 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive5
8. Create Your Now Archive 6 is LIVE! You can subscribe and listen to all the previous episodes here. http://bit.ly/CYNarchive6
9. NEW Website! Go check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.createyournow.com
10. Sign Up for The A.I.M. Academy
! You will be the first to learn all about it. http://createyournow.com/m-academy-2
11. Schedule a Discovery Call
. This is a free 30-45 minute call for those serious about coaching with me.
12. Newsletter and Library: If you desire to get weekly emails, be sure to sign up here
so you can stay connected. http://createyournow.com/library
Cover Art by Jenny Hamson
Photo by Vince Fleming
Music by Mandisa
- Overcomer http://www.mandisaofficial.com
Song ID: 68209 Song Title: Overcomer Writer(s): Ben Glover, Chris Stevens, David Garcia Copyright © 2013 Meaux Mercy (BMI) Moody Producer Music (BMI) 9t One Songs (ASCAP) Ariose Music (ASCAP) Universal Music - Brentwood Benson Publ. (ASCAP) D Soul Music (ASCAP) (adm. at CapitolCMGPublishing.com) All rights reserved. Used by permission.