David DeVoe is the managing partner of DeVoe & Company, a consulting firm founded in 2011 to help wealth management companies optimize their businesses. Since its launch, DeVoe & Company has helped to support hundreds of firms through valuations, consulting work, merger and acquisition guidance, and investment banking engagements.
What You Will Learn:
- David shares how entered the business world when he “accidentally” founded a clothing company selling surfer clothes during his senior year at UC Berkeley, selling his products in several surf shops and three Nordstrom locations.
- David discusses the important lessons he learned when his second business venture failed dramatically, and he explains why he learned more from his failure than from his previous success.
- Learn how David’s current work applies the deep experience he and his team have developed to their clients’ problems, and what sort of work they do to help guide organizations through mergers and acquisitions, tuck-in deals, succession deals and more.
- David explains the importance of considering your end client experience when deciding whether or not to do a acquire or merge with another organization.
- Learn how to evaluate a firm and decide whether it is a good fit for your organization, whether it will benefit you to acquire them, how to value them and what to watch out for before you sign.
- David discusses the major trends he is seeing in the business world, including the record amount of merger and acquisition transactions that have been taking place. David also explains why these numbers are still lower than he would expect.
for privacy and opt-out information.