The entire world is changing right now! We are all feeling the pressure of where to go for our future, but life pivoriting, career changes and finding happiness within yourself are as common as birthdays. Rotimi drops in on his experience, and Vanessa brings Elle Miss Belle, a beloved family member who grew up with her; a mom, a muse, practically her sister, the perfect person to discuss career expectations in the natural light of pivoting. Elle went from college to beauty school to now follow her calling as a doula and did it all with fear, nerves and ferocity. Vanessa’s story covers her personal career changes from going to law school, becoming a sensational artist, to now being a successful podcaster. The ladies get honest about college for everyone and how scary it can be to jump into an entirely new direction. Don’t worry, your previous experiences only add to what your future holds and in fact you might be surprised how it affects the people around you. Be brave, step out and if you need to borrow some confidence for your next move, listen in as much as needed!
- 01:40 – Vanessa’s pivotal career changes in her life.
- 05:45 – Rotimi’s experience with pivoting career choices/ college major changes.
- 14:20 – Guest interview Intro - Elle
- 21:09 – Elle’s career changes: Beauty school vs being a scholar.
- 23:50 – Knowing what you want is most important when thinking of career changes.
- 27:55 – Elle’s moment of change in life - work, family, and daily routines.
- 34:50 – Vanessa talks about going against your grain, doing the unpopular to find happiness for yourself and career.
- 44:30 – Elle’s biggest worry at this time while she pivots.
A Jam Street Media
for privacy and opt-out information.