Vanessa talks to the star of Netflix’s new hit show Queen Sono, Pearl Thusi! We get a little update on how Pearl has been handling the coronavirus lockdowns. Pearl walks us through her mourning process after losing a loved one. Pearl also gives us some highlights from her career and some of the most influential people she’s met. She also talks about how filming in New York before returning to Africa gave her a renewed sense of pride and determination in being an African woman. And of course they also talk about some behind the scenes experiences from Pearl’s time shooting Queen Sono!
This conversation is part 1 of 2! Come back next week for the conclusion!
- :45 Intros
- 2:10 Coronavirus update
- 4:10 Pearl’s coping with her father’s passing
- 7:55 Fame can be addicting
- 10:50 Best lessons from the stillness of the times
- 14:00 Vanessa’s favorite memory with Pearl
- 15:00 Pearl’s most cherished moment of her career
- 18:20 One person who Pearl never expected to change her life
- 22:50 How does the public see us?
- 25:20 Fighting for your ancestors’ dreams
- 27:40 Returning to Africa with a renewed sense of perseverance and African pride
- 31:00 You can become a worldwide celebrity without leaving Africa
- 33:00 Preparing for Queen Sono
A Jam Street Media
for privacy and opt-out information.