This week we're reviewing the 2020 Iowa Democratic Caucus reporting malfunction. In case you missed it, here are some headlines about that night:
- Iowa caucus app ran into issues when reporting results
- 'It was a total mess': Caucusing is long over, but Iowa still doesn't have a winner
- Who won the Iowa caucuses? We still don't have the results ...
This interview is the first extended conversation with the head of the Democratic Party in Iowa at the time, Troy Price. Troy explains exactly what happened that night and in the days afterward. He reflects on his lessons learned and has powerful takeaways:
- Operating inside of a crisis
- Communications strategy during a PR "situation"
- What Troy learned about redundancies in executing a big project
- The assets that came out the caucuses
Thanks for listening and be sure to find me online to tell me what you thought of the episode!