Annie Duke is an author, corporate speaker, and consultant in the decision-making space. Today we discuss Annie’s latest book, How to Decide: Simple Tools for Making Better Choices
. As a former professional poker player, Annie won more than $4 million in tournament poker before retiring from the game in 2012. Prior to becoming a professional player, Annie was awarded a National Science Foundation Fellowship to study Cognitive Psychology at the University of Pennsylvania.
Annie is also the co-founder of The Alliance for Decision Education, a non-profit whose mission is to improve lives by empowering students through decision skills education.
Annie and I are going to discuss:
- How to be the most humble
- How to make better decisions
- Decision hygiene – how to make sure your opinion doesn’t infect others when asking for feedback
- Why looking back at past decisions is so hard and what you can do to make your reflection much more useful
- How to know if you are really learning from both failures and successes
- And you get Annie Duke's contact info in the episode!
Thanks for listening and be sure to find me online to tell me what you thought of the episode!