Is it perfect? Nope. But it's getting very close. We are now 3 model years into this.
Why will EFI will save the 2 stroke dirt bikes? Here are some of the reasons we talk about in this podcast.
Support the show
- Emission standards in Europe Euro 4 and Euro 5 - Those are a Big Deal. If KTM can't sell a 2 stroke in Europe, they can't sell them in the USA and the 2 stroke goes bye bye!
- Many people are getting and will get their first experience on how a 2 stroke motor can really run. Most people aren’t even checking tire pressure, let alone turning their carburetors! Now you just get on and ride.
- After EFI came to 4 strokes and they were so easy, it made the 2 stroke seem hard to tune. That is gone. No Jetting! No mixing fuel!
- Now it’s not as big of a target for the environmentalists in the USA mostly California. Stupid argument because we have 500 lawn mowers for ever dirt bike, but I digress.
- Improved fuel economy because it’s not dumping gas out.
- EFI bikes run so clean and smooth, it makes them feel even lighter than before.
Creators & Guests
We don't know anything about the creators of this episode yet. You can add them yourself so they can be credited for this and other podcasts.
This episode hasn't been reviewed yet. You can add a review to show others what you thought.