Thank you for tuning in to Episode 114 of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast. This week's segments included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- From the Armchair
- Crafty Adventures
- KAL News
- Contest, News & Notes
- Life in Focus
- On a Happy Note
- Quote of the Week
Thank you to this episode's sponsors: Knitters Brewing Company
, Skeindalous Yarns and Pearl and Plum
Off the Needles Lea’s Christmas Stocking
- Pattern: Christmas Stockings to Knit and Crochet from Family Circle Magazine
- Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Red, Everglade Heather and White
- Hook: F (3.75 mm)
- White cuff- 23 rounds. Increased one stitch on each edge a few rounds before finishing. Started round on left side of front.
On the Needles Donner
- Needles: US 3 (3.25 mmm)
- Yarn: Ellen Cooper. Jenny base- 50/50 bamboo/cotton. Colorway is called Driftwood which is perfect for it- tans, grays, blips of peachy/pink. Variegated but almost tonal. Just enough variation for me.
- Pattern: Donner by Elizabeth Doherty
Lots of Socks:
Gradient Angles Shawl
Worsted Weight Riley Rose ShawlRiley's Legwarmers Journey Sweater
- Pattern: Gradient Angles by Jan Hamby
- Yarn: Infinite Twist
I have some leftover crochet hearts
from the garland I made for Aila.
Mom recently unearthed a few hand knitted and crocheted things from our past:
- My baby blanket hand knit by Mom's friend's mother.
- Granny Square Shrug. Here's a photo of Riley wearing it
- Sweaters made for my brother + me.
- Mom sewed a set for my nursery- a diaper holder, dust ruffle and curtains
- Mom talked about how she and her friend made pillows from face cloths held together with yarn pulled through with a crochet hook.
Toy for Oisin in June- maybe one of these:
Will wants a Peregrine Falcon: found one in Spirit Animals Book
by Jessica Boyer available through Leisure Arts $9.99 download.
From the Armchair
- Set up. Save as jpg. Pdf.
- Save to folder. To Mac photos program.
- Create profiles for types of things.
- Once set up, very easy.
- Can scan up to 8.5 inches wide. Multiple items of different sizes at once
- Only thing it had trouble feeding was polaroids. Didn't play with paper settings because we didn't have enough to warrant and there were two of us.
- Got through nearly 10 years of photos in about 7 hours. Still have tons more to do.
- Process. Scan. Save to photos program. Tag with Year and other tags. Christmas. School etc move to Year folder in photos. In harddrive folder - move into Year folder.
KAL News 12 Months to Christmas KAL
WIP’ing 2017 in the Butt
Splash Pad Party 2017 Rules
- Declare a WIP from 2016 or earlier within the first 5 days of the month, posting a photo of it in the thread. Finish the project by the end of the month, update your post with your FO photo and you'll be eligible to win a Ravelry downloadable pattern of your choosing up to $8.
Pro Shop Sponsors
Snack Shack Sponsors
Virtual Events I'm looking forward to:
Contests News and Notes Come over to the group to this thread
to enter to win a copy of the Merrain MKAL pattern
from Mary of Kino Knits
. Tune in to hear about a coupon code available for this patternuntil 6/15/17.
Life in Focus
May Happiness Project: Try new tastes
On a Happy Note
- Scanning with Mom
- Seeing Aila perform in The Little Mermaid
- Cleaning, yard work, picking out new railings
- Converting the hutch in our dining room for project storage (scrapbooking and model making)
- Mom's Happy Place: Her 3 Season Room at Lassonde Pool Pub is OPEN! Mom got new rugs and a cute new pillow (from Walmart)
Quote of the Week
"Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, harness your power to your passion. Honor your calling. Everybody has one. Trust your heart, and success will come to you.” -Oprah Winfrey ------ Thank you for tuning in! Contact Information: