Cathy Biase is a registered Holistic Nutritionist and Cancer Coach. She specializes in educating people on nutrition specifically as it pertains to our microbiome and immune system.
In this episode we discuss Cathy's health journey and the crucial role that our microbiome plays in achieving and maintaining health.
- Sleep is crucial for our microbiome and thus, for our overall health. It is important to sleep, at night, at roughly the same hour every day, to respect our circadian rhythms.
- Move more. Physical activity is very important. Just like I suggested in episode 25, it is a great idea to use a timer and move every 15-20 minutes.
- Eat more fiber. Fiber is what feeds our microbiome and most people are not eating enough of it.
- [00:02:44] Cathy's health journey started with a breast cancer diagnosis.
- [00:14:48] What is the microbiome
- [00:15:20] Our gut microbes do many things for our body.
- [00:16:17] Caring for the microbiome is crucial for overall health.
- [00:18:06] One mistake is to think that we can abuse our bodies until something happens.
- [00:19:03] People in the BlueZones
- [00:20:16] When you are stressed, your body cannot digest properly.
- [00:20:38] we have to live a preventative life
- [00:22:49] It all has to do a lot with just respecting our biology.
- [00:23:27] Happy thoughts make a happy gut.
- [00:23:58] we are really lacking in our community.
- [00:24:27] We are social beings.
- [00:24:54] Foods that most negatively affect our microbiome
- [00:25:22] Feed your microbiome well and it will produce positive things
- [00:25:54] Fiber is key.
- [00:26:10] Once the industry hones in onto a food that is becoming popular, you need to be aware.
- [00:26:24] a very healthy kombucha, it's more like a vinegary taste.
- [00:27:31] You can ferment everything.
- [00:29:33] Your microbiome is like a thumb print.
- [00:30:01] Migration and the microbiome.
- [00:34:30] We've gone astray from our intuition.
- [00:35:55] Cathy's Recommendations
- [00:39:38] Connect with Cathy
Connect with Cathy