Matthew "Griff" Griffin is a co-founder of Combat Flip Flops in Kabul, Afghanistan. Combat Flip Flops is a service minded, dynamic company that creates cool stuff in dangerous places around the world - advancing their belief in "business, not bullets" to end global conflicts. He served in the 75th Ranger Regiment with three tours to Afghanistan and one to Iraq, and is now spending his time to make the world a better place - his company uses some of their profits to send Afghan girls to school, and to clear land mines.
In this episode, we cover a ton of important topics including:
- How he crashed and burned post-military, and how he pulled out of it
- How giving to others can save your life
- How he and his partners started Combat Flip Flops
- His TED Talk on persistence, creativity, and respect
- Being a Veteran entrepreneur on Shark Tank (go to 33:25 on video)