Brianna Wiest has traveled internationally as a journalist, written for Fortune 500 companies, and has spoken in cities around the continental United States. She is the author of five books, her latest, The Mountain Is You: Transforming Self-Sabotage Into Self-Mastery is being published in 2020. Her dream is to use the power of words to help people awaken to their fullest potential, build emotional intelligence and fulfill their life purpose.
In this episode, Brianna Wiest and Dr. Jessica Higgins discuss:
- The difference between self-sabotage and victim mentality and how to recognize what you can and cannot control.
- Recognizing patterns in your relationships, so you can identify where healing needs to take place.
"There (is) a shift that people make from being a victim of their story to the person who's writing the story." — Brianna Wiest
- Letting go of outside voices and expectations, so you can start connecting to what you really want to feel and experience.
- How self-sabotage is actually about loving yourself, and how that realization can lead to healing.
- How to gauge your level of self-sabotage, which can help indicate areas of resistance, as well as areas of flow.
"Self-sabotage is not a way we hurt ourselves; it’s a way we try to protect ourselves." — Brianna Wiest
Mentioned: The Mountain Is You: Brianna Wiest Shifting Criticism For Connected Communication
Connect with Brianna Wiest:
Podcast: Get Out Of Your Own Way
Connect with Dr. Jessica Higgins:
If you have a topic you would like me to discuss, please contact me by clicking on the “Ask Dr. Jessica Higgins” button here.
Thank you so much for your interest in improving your relationship.
Also, I would so appreciate your honest rating and review. Please leave a review by clicking here
If you are interested in developing new skills to overcome relationship challenges, please consider taking the Connected Couple Program
or engaging in relationship coaching
work with me.