We all want to see God do amazing thing but sometimes the struggle is in remaining faithful and obedient in the various places God calls us.
Listen as Don Armstead shares the stories of God’s spectacular faithfulness. From career transitions to allowing God to teach him to play music as a worship leader to navigating church transitions and more, Don has remained faithfully obedient. And through it all, God has shown His incredible providence.
While the world would point to a path of personal gain and glory, Don has chosen to be obedient in the little things and because of that faithfulness, God has taken him to places he’d never have dreamed.
Now, not only does he minister in a local church, he’s able to travel to the Philippines for months at a time, building relationships, ministering, and supporting the Church there with a vision that is expanding from glory to glory to glory.
Listen to hear what God’s done and to be inspired.
Full Show Notes: https://engagingmissions.com/276
What We Talked About
It was really about paying close attention to the direction of the Holy Spirit. – @pastorarmstead
Click To Tweet
- 00:24 – Episode Introduction
- 01:19 – Introducing Don Armstead – Worship Leader, Servant, and Missionary
- 01:48 – What was it like to minister alongside your father?
- 02:54 – Bringing order and structure to a family-oriented church
- 03:47 – Listening to the Holy Spirit when there's relational friction
- 05:02 – The time when God helped Don learn difficult song on the piano
- 07:45 – How God showed His providence when Don moved to Chicago
- 11:07 – Why the career change from banking to hospitality?
- 13:56 – The invitation and the delay that took Don to the Philippines at the right time
- 18:34 – How did the idea for missionary housing fit into the timeline?
- 22:01 – What is God revealing now as the vision for the future?
- 27:29 – What doors and relationships are you waiting on God for right now?
- 28:53 – Don's Website
- 29:25 – The two most important things Don would like to leave us with
- 31:19 – How we can best pray for Don
- 32:31 – A place where you can find more podcasts focused o…
Resources & Contact Info
If you'd have any comments or questions, you can always leave a comment in the show notes, leave a voicemail with SpeakPipe, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255
: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”