Many people think they are Christian but have never heard the Gospel. Dean Inserra joins the show to talk about “cultural Christianity” and how to reach these people with Jesus. In his new book, The Unsaved Christian, he talks about different forms of unsaved Christianity. These people are not just “baby Christians,” but of a separate religion all together.
Check out our sponsor:
Love Never Fails International
Pray today about whether you should be part of their upcoming missions trip to India and to make the Gospel known.
We have to make sure that we’re not advocating for a morality. We’re advocating for a worship, really, for a following of Christ. They’re two very different things.
What We Talked About
- 00:24 – Episode overview
- 01:21 – Megavoice Audio Bibles
- 02:29 – About the guest
- 02:45 – What is your book about?
- 03:43 – Centering the Gospel on Jesus
- 05:13 – How to bridge the gap of cultural Christianity
- 07:52 – Walking in the tension
- 10:28 – Becoming aware of the gap
- 12:11 – How can we make the Gospel clear?
- 14:43 – Different forms of unsaved Christians
- 19:22 – The problems of church membership
- 21:16 – Approaching traditions to reach the lost
- 23:50 – How can we engage in God’s work?
- 26:35 – Avoiding the witch hunt
- 27:57 – Final thoughts
- 29:09 – How can we best pray for you?
- 29:57 – Closing thoughts
Become a patron!
The Engaging Missions Show is made possible, in part, by generous donations from listeners like you. If you'd like to know more about how you can be involved, visit our Patron Page.
Resources & Contact Info
If you'd have any comments or questions, you can always leave a comment in the show notes, leave a voicemail with SpeakPipe, or send an email to email@example.com
. Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255
: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”