Right now, people around the world are hearing about the Good News of Jesus through the radio and digital media. Carol VanDyken tells us about TWR – international Christian media ministry, an organization that spreads the Gospel through the airwaves. This group has partner offices in 190 countries around the world, broadcasting the Gospel in more than 230 languages.
Carol has been involved in missions for many years. She and her family have lived in the Caribbean, Sri Lanka, South Africa, and Cyprus. As they have travelled the world, Carol has seen God move and work in many ways. She encourages us to think about our gifts and talents and how God might be calling us to use them in Kingdom work.
Full Show Notes: https://engagingmissions.com/272
What We Talked About
- 00:24 – Episode introduction
- 00:58 – The Christian’s Podcaster Association
- 01:46 – Carol VanDyken with TWR
- 02:04 – Where all have you lived?
- 04:40 – Creating relationships with donors
- 05:31 – Transition to digital ministry platforms
- 07:28 – A desire for communities to speak to their own people
- 08:34 – What is needed for local programming?
- 09:23 – Did you always want to be a missionary?
- 12:37 – Memorable transitions in ministry
- 15:28 – Deciding between family and missions work
- 17:49 – Work in the recruiting department
- 19:55 – What do you look for in applicants?
- 21:26 – Greater access through social and digital media
- 22:25 – The fruit of what you’re doing
- 25:58 – Exciting changes around the corner
- 27:42 – Advice for aspiring missionaries
- 31:31 – Keeping relationships strong
- 32:44 – A wide arena for using gifts for the Kingdom
- 34:31 – How can we best pray for you?
- 36:57 – Encouragement to pray
- 38:01 – Closing thoughts and what’s next on the podcast
- 40:04 – Bonus segment
Become a patron!
The Engaging Missions Show is made possible, in part, by generous donations from listeners like you. If you'd like to know more about how you can be involved, visit our Patron Page
Resources & Contact Info
If you'd have any comments or questions, you can always leave a comment in the show notes, leave a voicemail with SpeakPipe, or send an email to email@example.com
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255
: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”