The call of Jesus is always more radical than we would like to think. One of His calls throughout the Gospels is to take care of the poor. Keith Giles felt God leading him to serve those in need by starting a house church that gave 100 percent of its offerings to them. For 11 years, Keith has been working in house churches.
On this episode, Keith shares about the beauty and chaos that comes with house churches. He also talks about realizing full-time ministry can happen in motels and grocery stores, not just church buildings. During the show, he gives many stories of God’s work with those in need. Keith reminds us that Jesus has called us to love our neighbor, especially the poor.
Check out our sponsor:
Love Never Fails International
Pray today about investing in the Kingdom by sponsoring a child in India. Your donation will provide education, a hot meal, and discipleship. And when you partner through Love Never Fails International, you can trust that your sponsored child will have access to the Gospel in areas such as Mumbai, Dheli, Orissa, and more.
What We Talked About
What’s really going to happen is the Holy Spirit is going to transform you and change your heart in ways you did not expect were going to happen through those people that you are ministering to.
- 00:24- Episode Introduction
- 01:26 – Our Sponsor: Love Never Fails International
- 02:34 – Welcoming Keith Giles
- 03:12 – Mutual connections
- 03:35 – From vocational ministry to a house church
- 05:58 – A call to care for the poor
- 11:15 – How to bring life to those in need
- 14:48 – Seeing who the offering goes to
- 17:01 – The great reversal
- 19:23 – An experience of transformation
- 22:54 – What is required to partner with the poor?
- 24:57 – Does it ever get messy?
- 26:34 – How do you keep Jesus at the center?
- 32:01 – Bringing reconciliation of differences
- 34:20 – Separating relationship with people
- 38:18 – A place to start reading
- 39:22 – How can we best pray for you?
- 41:16 – Final thoughts
- 42:00 – Episode Summary
- 43:41 – Bonus
Full-time ministry was every second of my life, every day of my life. I was in ministry when I was at work, and I was in ministry when I came home. I was in ministry when we went to the motels, I was in ministry when we went to the grocery store. I was in ministry no matter where I was.
Become a patron!
The Engaging Missions Show is made possible, in part, by generous donations from listeners like you. If you'd like to know more about how you can be involved, visit our Patron Page
Resources & Contact Info
If you'd have any comments or questions, you can always leave a comment in the show notes, leave a voicemail with SpeakPipe, or send an email to email@example.com
. Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255
: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”