* (0:42) Dan’s phone betrays him. Spoilers and thpoilerth.
* (14:10) Chopin makes you a superior person.
* (14:52) Premises that are meant for one character but invite storytelling for many characters.
* (18:17) Wayne tries one-to-many, an…
* (1:07) The glory and horror of self-insert.
* (3:37) Dan does Shadowrun.
* (16:45) Wayne does D&D.
* (26:43) Chad does Star Wars. Sort of.
* (40:31) Julia does Narnia.
* (48:17) Dan does Battletech.
* (56:42) A bit of gaming adv…
* (0:31) Brodeur and the broken finger.
* (2:57) Fear the Conline is set for June 21st and 22nd. You can sign up for games here and ask questions on Discord here.
* (6:55) Explaining what B-plots are.
* (10:00) How B-plots spread the spotl…
* (0:30) The distinction between GM exposition and NPC voice.
* (7:12) Confusion borne from seeing the same person say everything.
* (11:14) Distinguishing the source and type of information.
* (12:51) All parties being flexible.
* (0:28) Dan’s chewing monster.
* (0:51) Making a lot of money on motion sickness medications.
* (11:11) Creating a world where order remains in spite of the players being agents of chaos. Dan’s magic trick.
* (20:01) An example of competi…
* (0:28) A possible online convention in place of this year’s Fear the Con. You can place your vote and find out more on Discord.
* (1:04) Cell phone jammers.
* (4:13) Accept creative solutions.
* (12:36) Control the table.
* (20:53) D…
* (0:54) A possible online convention in place of this year’s Fear the Con. You can place your vote and find out more on Discord.
* (5:07) An episode of Gamers Table inspires a topic (special thanks to Gaming with Gage).
* (15:17) Whether to …
* (0:28) Secretary Chad brings a glorious gift.
* (3:50) Give a backstory the GM can use.
* (5:47) Be open to the GM’s input on your character.
* (12:06) Learn something about the rules.
* (17:18) Bring something to the table.
* (0:29) Wayne learns object permanence.
* (2:14) A player gets voted off the island.
* (9:12) Not invested in the game or not invested in the group?
* (12:16) Picking the kicker.
* (22:40) Evaluating how the person responds to getting …
* (0:28) The Itty Bitty Writing Space Kickstarter.
* (3:47) A topic from Wendell on our Discord server.
* (4:49) Playing to genre, themes, and moods.
* (12:59) Hijacking the experience everyone signed up for.
* (18:54) The distinction b…
* (0:22) Catching up with how Chad’s campaign ended.
* (1:43) The steps taken to set the mood.
* (11:08) Pacing of the game.
* (15:36) Resolving the prophecies.
* (19:37) How the players helped the Game Master.
* (24:32) The things t…
* (0:28) Let’s hear it for Devastator!
* (1:23) An update on Fear the Con.
* (3:30) Game scheduling falls apart one session before the finale.
* (12:35) Recovering the game by bringing immediate intensity.
* (17:12) Shaping the real-wor…
* (0:28) Finally all the way home!
* (0:48) The Actual Play actor’s studio.
* (3:33) Dan’s PCs are becoming more like NPCs.
* (11:34) Not giving up your own enjoyment. Misreading the situation.
* (17:27) Being a codependent player.
* (0:28) Right place, wrong room.
* (1:23) Playing the hatred between two player-characters.
* (6:18) You aren’t a victim of your character.
* (10:04) Enemy Mine and Hell in the Pacific.
* (14:34) Programming a path to peace.
* (0:28) Recording at Julia’s.
* (1:36) Fear the Boot and Gamers Table Destiny 2 clan.
* (2:58) A fond farewell to Don Dehm of Pulp Gamer.
* (4:23) Wemic shoes, doo doo doo doo doo doo.
* (11:02) Dividing the hobby in an implausible way.
* (13:18) …
* (0:33) A bottle of bourbon and a letter from the Hellhounds.
* (8:11) Brodeur wants to blossom, plus something about Jenna von Oÿ.
* (9:13) Discord and the things we won’t do for you. A big shout-out to David for joining the hobby. starting a gro…
* (0:28) Reaching a milestone episode. A topic picked by our Patreon backers.
* (2:59) How the podcast started. Its first hosts and logo. The deep well of storytelling topics.
* (14:57) The show’s first major crisis. How the ebb and flow of our liv…
* (0:29) A topic inspired by a game of Bang. What it will take to make Dan stab someone in the back in a board game. The distinction between factions and a traitor mechanic.
* (10:29) Hiding your intentions as a Game Master.
* (15:54) The Simpsons,…
* (0:28) Fear the boot is now on iHeartRadio. You can get the regular show here and the actual play here.
* (3:02) A player’s response to an unintentional Game Master error. An example with a dragon.
* (10:50) Some quick advice to Game Masters: con…
* (0:22) The trailer for Bumblebee.
* (4:09) The two extremes of product placement.
* (8:21) Resizing a robot. Or not.
* (12:07) The evolution of an idea when someone can tell you, “No.”
* (17:34) Nostalgia in the hands of the wrong person.
* (0:28) Dan was a guest on Gaming with Gage. You can find the episode here.
* (1:22) Explaining game explainers. An example from a Dresden game.
* (10:24) Describing options and risks without dictating an action. Helping the player achieve what th…
* (1:00) Playing robots in a game, focusing on RP, not the stats.
* (4:44) Who built you, why, and with what philosophical presuppositions?
* (9:05) Some thought exercises to unpack a robot’s mind. The Theory of Mind.
* (14:27) Separating emotion, …
* (0:28) Fear the Boot is everywhere! The actual play site, Discord, Facebook, our forums, Patreon, and a whole lot of podcast aggregators.
* (3:30) Handling player-characters that are being kept out of the action.
* (7:56) Let some time pass.
* (0:28) Creating life from lifelessness. Rapidly replacing a player-character that’s died.
* (10:35) Making a character that’s already tied to the party.
* (13:05) An introduction that helps the moment.
* (14:28) Accepting the unanswered questions…