Do you know the difference between a thermometer and a thermostat? And seriously, what the heck does that have to do with building teams anyway?
Why do some teams with similar talent levels succeed and others simply maintain? Why are some families more connected while others are pulling in opposite directions? And why do some companies expand with excitement and others just limp along? CULTURE.
Globally celebrated author, speaker, and though leader Jason Barger
has spent years aiming to answer these very questions and more, and he has developed the framework for improving your work culture (as well as all other areas of your life) in his new book 'Thermostat Cultures.'
If you're tired of working for a company or a team that values "busy work" above being productive and actually getting things done, this episode is a must-listen.
If you're exhausted by constant disagreements either with your co-workers (or your spouse or partner) and you want a simple framework to find common ground and move forwards with purpose, this episode is a must-listen.
And most importantly, if you're tired of setting goals and resolutions that never stick and you want 2017 to be different, this episode is a must-listen. Show Sponsor: G-Technology Topics of Conversation:
Useful Links: Optimize Yourself "5x Challenge" Enjoying The Show? Leave A Rating And Review HERE … FiP Question Submission Athletic Greens Jason Barger Guest Bio:
- Jason's experience traveling the world, building houses, and living in airports
- The interesting ways that observations of airport behavior can apply to daily life
- Focusing on group compatibility over individual strength
- The important difference between "Thermometer Mode" and "Thermostat Mode"
- Learning to promote a work culture of clarity, support, and empowerment
- Working smarter not harder
- Setting standards as a community rather than obeying rules
- Learning to step back an assess before taking steps towards your goals
- Collaborating within a mission statement
- The need to Assess, Align, and Articulate in order to build the kind of work culture where you want to achieve your goals together
- How you can apply these principles to personal relationships
Jason Barger is a globally celebrated author, speaker, and leadership consultant. His latest book "Thermostat Cultures" launched on 11/17/16 and is receiving a fabulous response! Show Credits:
This episode was edited by Curtis Fritsch
, the show notes were prepared by Jakin Rintelman
, and this show is executive produced by Kanen Flowers
. We are a member of theTHAT STUDIO
The music in the opening and closing of the show is courtesy of Dorian Cheah
from his brilliant album ARA.