As a creative professional you most likely fuel yourself on a daily basis with caffeine and afternoon sugar rushes, you fend off brain fog and the inevitable afternoon nap, and you'll spend however long it takes to make your latest project perfect (whether you're getting paid or not). But how is your modern lifestyle not only affecting your general health but also your brain health?
In this episode I have an in-depth conversation with Dr. Dave Jenkins, co-founder of The More Model
. With experience in both the traditional medical fields as well as functional and integrative medicine, Dr. Jenkins specializes specifically in brain health and how we can optimize our brain function and fight back against the diseases of modern civilization.
Whether you're interested in how sleep affects your cognitive function, how nutrition and poor choices are literally "rotting your brain," or how movement plays a pivotal role in brain health, cognitive performance, and longevity, this conversation covers it all. Show Sponsor: G-Technology Topics of Conversation:
Useful Links: Enjoying The Show? Leave A Rating And Review HERE FiP Question Submission Athletic Greens The MORE Model Contact Dave at: [email protected] FiP Ep63: Overcoming Sugar Addiction FiP Ep71: How Movement Makes Your Smarter FiP Ep83: How Being Sedentary is Killing You (Acco… Guest Bio:
- Dave's trajectory to studying the brain and developing the "MORE" model
- Understanding functional medicine's purpose
- The difference between functional medicine and integrative medicine
- Treating patients with a focus on causes rather than symptoms
- Neuroplasticity and the search for a cure for Alzheimers
- How consistent caffeine and sugar intake can damage your brain
- Focusing on inflammation in your body and brain instead of just counting calories
- How to recognize signs of mental degeneration early
- Prioritizing sleep in order to harness the power of your glymphatic system
- Facilitating a healthy circadian rhythm by avoiding blue light after sunset
- Dave's tips for having a nutritionally whole diet (Eat your broccoli sprouts!)
- Finding ways to motivate movement in your daily routines
Dr. Dave Jenkins, founder of "The More Model" is a Functional Medicine Physician and Coach who helps clients reverse disease and achieve ultimate health and longevity. This includes a special interest in brain fog, cognitive decline and Alzheimer's. Show Credits:
This episode was edited by Curtis Fritsch
, the show notes were prepared by Jakin Rintelman
, and this show is executive produced by Kanen Flowers
. We are a member of the THAT STUDIO
The music in the opening and closing of the show is courtesy of Dorian Cheah
from his brilliant album ARA.