A common question I get from listeners and readers is, "How can I survive the graveyard shift, and what strategies can I use to maintain my fitness and health working late at night?" We answer this question and more in the latest edition of the Q&A podcast, as well as sharing why if you are working a late night shift you should quit your job as soon as humanly possible because of how it's destroying your health and well being. And no...you can't just "sleep it off" when you're done.
We also talk about ways you can dress properly if you plan to be active at the office (no funny "toe shoes" necessary), as well as what you should really focus on to maximize recovery after doing a grueling event like a marathon or a Spartan Race.
Want to win a 1-year subscription to either Boris Continuum Complete, Mocha Pro, or Sapphire? All you have to do is take 2 minutes and Leave a review for the podcast in iTunes
. We're drawing 3 random winners on December 1st, so don't wait too long! These prizes courtesy of our brand new sponsor Boris FX
Want us to answer you question on a future podcast and get yourself a Fitness In Post t-shirt and also be eligible to win a month's supply of my favorite greens supplement on the planet Athletic Greens
Just submit your questions here
. Show Sponsor: G-Technology Topics of Conversation:
Useful Links: FiP Question Submission Athletic Greens FiP Facebook Group Mark Sisson: Vibram Five Fingers Vibram Women's Training Shoe Vibram Men's Training Shoe Topo Anti-Fatigue Mat Show Credits:
- How to settle back into a training routine after an intense event
- Natalie's training and diet transition
- Ice Baths, Coconut water, Vital Fuel, and staying energized during extreme activity
- Dressing for activity at the office
- How to maintain an active mindset and prioritize health during your work day
- Are Vibram five fingers for you?
- What to look for while shopping for non-restrictive clothing
- Staying active and healthy while working a night shift
- The science of sunlight, sleep, and how they work together
This episode was edited by Curtis Fritsch
, the show notes were prepared by Jakin Rintelman
, and this show is executive produced by Kanen Flowers
. We are a member of theTHAT STUDIO
The music in the opening and closing of the show is courtesy of Dorian Cheah
from his brilliant album ARA.