Misty Phillip is a speaker, blogger, author, and podcaster. Today, Misty shares her story of falling in love with Jesus over and over again throughout her life. Sounds charming, right? Would be except the way God often leads us to himself is through suffering and Misty is no different. She describes the seasons of her life when one thing after another seemed to go wrong and how she learned to trust God during it all. Misty tells us how she learned joy through sorrow which catalyzed her into a career of writing, speaking, and ministering to others.
Listen to Misty’s story today!
Stories Misty shared:
- Realizing she had opportunities after her children started leaving home
- Growing up in the rural Midwest
- Giving her life to Christ as a young child
- How her brother’s death affected her family
- Why she considered suicide after a break up
- Learning she was pregnant a month after meeting her husband
- How their not being married led them to pursuing other churches
- Having a son with medical issues
- How her community helped her trust God through multiple crises
- Learning she was pregnant just before her 40th birthday
- Carrying that baby until he was stillborn
- The effect her joy through sorrow had on her mother and others
- How she started speaking about her experience
- Attending the She Speaks Conference
- Starting her blog, speaking, and podcast with her husband
Great quotes from Misty:
The Christian walk is not an easy walk but is those difficult, painful things that we experience in life that show us our desperate need for God and he’s there to comfort us and to guide us.
The Word of God was the only thing that I could count on; it was the salve to my soul.
I was truly able to count it all joy even though it was one of the worst experiences of my life.
Resources we mentioned:
Old, boring, and long Bible studies getting you down? Try my brand new 8 Day Experience series designed to get you thinking about the Lord beyond quiet time. It will refresh your relationship with the Lord. 8 Day Experience
The post Misty Phillip and the Counterintuitive Ways of God
appeared first on Eric Nevins