Hello! And Good News! This week I have on guest Nina Concepción. Nina is an actress, writer and comedian. She is so hilarious. If you live in Los Angeles you can see her on Harold Night at UCB Theater
with the team Crush. Join Nina and I as we sit on the big red couch and discuss:
- A young boy on Halloween who filled up an empty candy bowl left on a porch with his best loot for other children after him to find.
- 200 Universities just released 600 free online courses.
- An online magazine, Foreigner, is redefining the stigma associated with being a “foreigner” by highlighting stories of entrepreneurship and challenges, inspiration and creativity, alternative takes and cultural diversity, to give an honest representation of what being a foreigner is really about.
- Fire Department Coffee, a coffee company that donates a portion of its sales to support firefighter and military charities is currently putting all of their charitable funds towards helping the firefighters of Northern California who lost their homes in the recent blazes.
- The Tennessee Department of Tourist Development is installing "colorblind-less" viewfinders at scenic overlooks in the state. People affected by red-green color deficiencies may now see the fall foliage for what may be their very first time.
- Thomas Panek is training guide dogs to guide visually impaired runners so that they may independently be able to participate in road races.
- Nina is from Philadelphia where they recently unveiled a statue of black civil rights activist Octavias Catto.
We wrap up the episode talking about establishing healthy habits and self care and the work and time that it takes to have a good relationship with food, exercise, and mental health.
Check out Nina’s Collection of Essays The Good-ish Girl
Follow Nina on twitter @ninamconcepcion
Follow Nina on instagram @nina_concepcion
Follow Hannah on instagram @cannongator
Follow Hannah on twitter @cannongator
for privacy and opt-out information.