April 27, 2021
How to worship God:
Psalm 33:1 Sing joyfully to the LORD, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him. 2 Praise the LORD with the harp; make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre. 3 Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.
Why to worship God:
What God does for Us:
- Psalm 33:4 For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.
- God is always right and true
- God is always faithful
- Psalm 33:5 The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.
- God is righteous and just
- God's love is unfailing
- Psalm 33:6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth. 7 He gathers the waters of the sea into jars ; he puts the deep into storehouses. 8 Let all the earth fear the LORD; let all the people of the world revere him. 9 For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm.
- God is powerful
- Psalm 33:10 The LORD foils the plans of the nations; he thwarts the purposes of the peoples. 11 But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations.
- God is sovereign
Psalm 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people he chose for his inheritance.
Psalm 33:18 But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,
Resulting Response and Prayer to God:
Psalm 33:20 We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. 21 In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. 22 May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you.