The doors to the Inner Circle are OPEN!! Click here to learn more and join us!
Here are a few of the big topics we talked about:
- Kelly introduces Elsie and they dig right into why our physical voice is so important.
- Elsie’s passion is in inspiring others to give voice to those things you have written down, on paper, through text or on a computer.
- Why we’re afraid to use our physical voice.
- Elsie shares how her struggle with using her voice began with her family, when she was very young.
- How we can heal ourselves.
- Allow yourself to be uncomfortable and challenge your habitual responses and behaviors.
- Elsie goes deep when she talks about a post she made on Facebook and the reaction it generated.
- We as women can make an impact with our voice, we must have courage.
- It’s scary to put your voice out there, but you must continue to do it over and over again.
- Kelly and Elsie talk about whether giving importance to our voice comes from within or is reflected upon us.
- Listen first, then understand, then speak.
- Elsie shares what her inner voice is asking her to do.
In Elsie's Voice: “Voice is just ... It's everything.” “What are we afraid of? I'm afraid of not being able to be heard, I'm afraid of crying in the middle of it and losing my power in the sense, or being perceived as emotional.” “We must expand our capacity to be uncomfortable and to challenge our own habitual behaviors, our own responses” “Empowering one person can empower everybody else.” “Really diving into a conversation of privilege, there has to be listening. You must not talk.”