When people ask Chuck Cohen, managing director of Benco Dental what keeps him up at night, it’s always the same answer. It’s the culture.
Chuck is a firm believer that if you get the culture right then people will do the right thing because they’re in an environment that inspires and encourages them to do the right thing and that is to deliver for the customer.
In this rich episode (the second of a series of five with Benco leadership) Chuck and Director of CentrePoint Services and Equipment Sales Pat Arsenault detail how you can strategically define your culture as a differentiator in the market.
As they illuminate early in the conversation, most distributors have a hard time defining what truly separates them and what makes them different.
Every successful organization, whether it’s a profit or a not-for-profit, has a culture built in that has certain rules, some of which are written, some of which are unwritten, that drive behaviors. At Benco they have defined their culture as being focused around the customer experience, customer satisfaction, and then leading the organization to insure that becomes reality.
In this 46 minute episode Chuck and I discuss:
- Why culture should be keeping you up at night.
- Culture as a differentiator
- Why customer satisfaction metrics are as important as profitability and other financial metrics
- That there is no secret sauce to an aligned culture – but a focus on fundamentals is critical
- Why the Chairman of the Board is also the company Customer Advocate with all contact information published on the website
- How sales balances customer focus and the need to close sales
- The culture of a great sales organization
- Accountability and Culture
- The requirement of will, energy, and focus in driving culture change
- Creating a team where each has the others back
- The innovation process that created new value in the sales process
The Show Notes
Other Episodes In The 5 Part Podcast Series
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Members Download Transcript Here
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here
The post Culture As A Differentiator
appeared first on Dirk Beveridge