In this third of five episodes with Kathy Mazzarella he chairman, president and CEO of $6 billion Graybar, a Fortune 500 distributor of high-quality components, equipment and materials for a number of industries we explore the third component of The Innovative Distributor – Value Propositions.
The foundation of value proposition innovation is about looking at what is required for the customer going forward, innovating around these requirements and offering more creative solutions to any problem that the customer could throw your way.
Kathy explains, that we often settle for feedback on what exists today instead of asking the probing questions that focus on problems we can solve for our customers that haven’t been identified or articulated. We need to define where the customer is going to stay ahead of the curve.
The conversation also takes on a higher purpose as Kathy an I examine the latent potential of both individuals and companies. Kathy explains her belief that no human being, no organization, no collective group of human beings, have recognized their full potential and that it’s incumbent on us to continue to push ourselves, to challenge ourselves to reach for higher goals, and to accomplish more, because we’re all capable of doing that.
In this episode Kathy and I explore:
- The individual as a point of differentiation
- Digital capabilities as catalysts to innovate value propositions
- Creating seamless omni-channel experiences
- Values and vision of key suppliers and how these tie into your value proposition
- How to stay ahead of the curve of customer s changing needs
- Why you must build listening posts to identify customer problems that have yet to be articulated
- The questions we need to be asking our customers to define future value propositions
- Why great companies and great brands stand for something
- Trust as a differentiator
- The importance of staying hungry even in the midst of great success
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Members Download Transcript Here
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here
The Show NotesGraybar Website
The Digital Transformation Playbook
Dirk Beveridge Speaking
UnleashWD Innovation Summit
The post Customer’s Changing Needs: How To Stay Ahead Of Th…
appeared first on Dirk Beveridge