As Don McNeeley looks at the dysfunction in Washington, our school systems, and even industry today he sees the greatest gap in the history of our nation between the need for leadership and the supply of it.
This is one reason he is so committed to growing leaders as President and CEO of Chicago Tube and Iron (CTI) as well as an adjunct Professor at the McCormick School of Engineering at Northwestern University.
He reminds us that leadership is an honor. Is there any greater honor than for somebody to bestow upon you the obligation of the leadership for their future, he asks us in this episode.
And then he reminds us that when we are in a position of leadership – we must lead. The future of your business, the livelihood of you employees, the industry, and even this great country of ours is expecting great things from you.
In this 41 minute episode Don and I discuss:
- The state of leadership
- The difference between management and leadership
- The connection between how we play as kids and how we lead
- History of competition and the elevated need for leadership
- Why it s OK to get ahead of the competition, but not too much
- Why leadership must begin at the CEO s office
- The optics of leadership
- When put in a position of leadership – lead!
- How to grow leaders
- How to identify the next leaders from the roster of managers
- The 20 – 50 – 30 rule of change management
The Show Notes
Other Episodes In The 5 Part Don McNeeley Podcast Series
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Members Download Transcript Here
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here
The post Leadership Is In Greater Demand Than Ever
appeared first on Dirk Beveridge