---Having Been Sick from Mold Toxicity, and With My Co-Host and Wife Jessica Lee STILL struggling and on a very long-road back to recovery from Mold Toxicity Poisoning, this is our perhaps our most important interview yet.---
DETAILS: The hosts of Inspire Nation have been living in a mold-infested house for four years, slowly withering away without knowing why. They were very impressed by MOLDY and the webinar and will interview Dave Asprey, producer, and host of Bulletproof Radio about the film. Jessica is taking a break from co-hosting as she still has mold toxicity and gets very fatigued, but this is an important interview for her so she will join for this one.
Today we have a very special guest. His name is Dave Asprey.
Dave Asprey is the founder of The Bulletproof Executive, is a Silicon Valley investor and technology entrepreneur who spent two decades and over $300,000 to hack his own biology. Dave lost 100 pounds without counting calories or excessive exercise, used techniques to upgrade his brain by more than 20 IQ points, and lowered his biological age while learning to sleep more efficiently in less time. Learning to do these seemingly impossible things transformed him into a better entrepreneur, a better husband, and a better father.
Dave is the creator of the widely popular Bulletproof Coffee, host of the radio show and #1 health podcast, Bulletproof Radio, and author of the New York Times bestselling book, THE BULLETPROOF DIET.
Dave’s newest venture, the first Bulletproof Coffee shop is scheduled to open in Santa Monica, California in early 2015. His Bulletproof Films released the company’s first documentary film, MOLDY, in June 2015. – which is the topic of conversation today.
Before we begin, a bit of background on us. This year Jessica and I moved from Maui to her parents place in New Jersey. It was an emergency move, after our health came crashing down around us. We didn’t know what was going on. For two years Jessica was getting sicker and sicker. We thought it was the air from a neighboring volcano, until we realized getting her out of the house, and into an air conditioned car or anywhere else on the island and suddenly she’d feel better. Get her out, she felt human, and became a little chatterbox. Bring her home, she’d been exhausted, unable to speak intelligently, frazzled, with headaches, nausea and feeling sick.
For myself, my downward slide took the form of an old and fragile body…with unexplainable minor injury after injury, and with a fall that lead to a near death accident---later tested to reveal incredibly weak bone density, despite lots of activity. On top of that I struggled with brain fog. For Jessica, this meant she was back in bad, almost unable to finish sentences by the time it was noon. For me, it meant the shortest attention span and inability to multi-task I’ve ever experienced. And this from a life coach who’s specialized in working with those with ADD, myself included.
It wasn’t until a week before we left, with the world crashing down around us, that the cleaners found a carpet 1 inch thick of black mold on the upper level of the house where we couldn’t see it. It was in the walls, on all upper surfaces, on the ceiling, and even in the skylights…though we’d been told it was dirt.
We are so lucky to have gotten out. The previous tenant who lived in our home for seven years, came down with what we believe was terminal brain cancer.
On that light note, let’s jump right into things.
- What the heck happened with you (Dave Asprey) in your life with mold?
- How did you figure out it was mold?
- Is this something others need to concern themselves with, or only in old, delipated houses?
- How many homes do you guess are mold infected?
- How many people are sensitive to mold?
- What do you do if you live in a home with mold or feel you’re sensitive to mold.
- Is there a way to accurately test your home?
- What would you do if you can’t move?
- In the documentary, Dr. Daniel Amen talks about measures you can take to heal the brain, what would some of those be?
- What would good dietary advice be?
- How strict does one need to be to eliminate sugar from their diet?
- What are the absolute most important supplements one needs to take?
- What do you do if you’re stuck in a job with mold?
- How long does it take one to get better?
- How do you know when you’re healed? (it’s hard to remember what baseline is)
- How long does it take to get your brain back online?
- Where can people go to get more advice?
- Switching gears, what advice can you give everyone to begin healing their bodies?
More Topics include:
- How do you tell if a home is moldy
- What does acute exposure feel like?
- What does PTSD and mold-exposure have to do with each other?
- How can sugar help you if you’ve had mold exposure?
- What’s the emergency protocol if you’ve had acute exposure?
- What do you do if you’re living in a home that still has some mold?
- What do you need to know if you’ve moved from a home with mold?
- What foods are the most important to eat to fight mold?
- What foods must be avoided at all costs if you’ve been exposed to mold?
- What do you need to do for your heart if you’ve been exposed to mold?
- What can happen to your bones from mold exposure?
- How can you test a home for mold?
- What are the unseen/unhidden mold traps to avoid (and in our food supply too)?