If you’ve ever wanted to run kick or flee from your inner critic, then do we have the Make Peace with Your Mind show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Mark Coleman senior meditation teacher at Spirit Rock Meditation Center, founder of the Mindfulness Institute, and author of a fantastic book on taming your inner critic, Make Peace with Your Mind.
And that’s what we’ll be talking about today, about how mindfulenss and compassion can free you from your inner critic.
That plus we’ll talk about punk rock & anarchy, Velcro and Teflon, Einstein and invisible swindling, how to love your neighbors when you don’t like them, how mr. mindfulness wins the day, the power of ‘oh please’ and why even mindfulness teachers, sometimes can’t find their keys…or there cars…
Mindfulness Self-Improvement and Self-Help Topics Include:
- How he went from being a punk rocker to finding mindfulness
- What are the most important two tools he learned early on
- What were his early journals like
- What’s a negativity bias and how can that lead to a depressed state of mind?
- Why we don’t want to believe everything we think
- What it means to double-shame ourselves?
- What it means ‘I am not my thoughts’
- What’s the imposter syndrome
- Why even Einstein thought he was an ‘impostor’
- What does it mean you are not your fault?
- What’s the harm of self-judgment
- Where does the inner critic come from in childhood
- What is internal and external shaming when it comes to kids?
- What Cheryl Sandberg COO of Facebook has found with girls who display natural leadership qualities
- How can we express innate goodness, and why’s it important?
- What is the mantra of ‘not enough’
- What coulda-woulda-shoulda has to do with things
- What’s snooze-alarm syndrome
- What’s the importance in gratitude, particularly in relation to the not enough syndrome
- What’s important to understand about your inner critic
- What the inner critic does to our energy levels?
- What do we do when we catch our inner critic?
- What’s the power of good-enough
- What’s going on with cell phones and car accidents?
- Why people aren’t present nearly half of the day – or half of your life
- How do we start to train ourselves with mindfulness to be more present in each moment
- How do we recognize our inner critical and judging thoughts
- What’s a Teflon mind?
- What does it mean to get space in our minds?
- Why it’s not true that we need our internal critic to get anything done
- What does it mean to meet our pain with a kind-heart
- How much lighter we’ll be if we leave our inner-critic behind
- How do we foster self-forgiveness?
- How even the most successful and famous people treat failure as a learning opportunity
- What was his first book Awaken the Wild
- Go to markcoleman.org for Mark’s book, teachings and the Spirit Rock meditation center
Mark Coleman on How to Use Mindfulness & Compassion to Free Yourself From Your Inner Critic! + Guided Meditation! Health | Inspiration | Motivation | Spiritual | Spirituality | Inspirational | Motivational | Self-Improvement | Self-Help | Inspire
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com