If you’ve ever felt inundated, overwhelmed, or drowning in email, then do we have unsubscribe show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Jocelyn Glei, productivity, time management and creativity expert, and author of 3 fantastic books, Manage Your Day-to-Day, Maximize Your Potential, and Make Your Mark, and her latest productivity extravaganza that I’ve PERSONALLY needed to manage my email, Unsubscribe.
And that’s what we’ll be talking about today, how to manage your inbox, kill email anxiety, avoid distractions, and get real work done.
That plus we’ll talk about rat brains and random rewards, the power of emoticons, nibblers vs. batchers, the importance of a power-nap, why you’d want to send 600 Christmas cards to random strangers, and how not to be an email idiot.
Email Time-Management Self-Improvement & Self-Help Topics Include:
- What’s wrong with email today
- What B.F. Skinner found about positive rewards and rats (and how that affects our careers and email behavior)
- What is email doing to us from a stress point of view
- When we do not want to check our email
- What’s the importance of writing your to-do list
- What’s the progress paradox and what’s wrong with Inbox Zero
- What’s a negativity bias in email
- What’s an inbox guilt complex?
- What’s the rule of reciprocity?
- What is the Newtonian physics of email
- What is FOMO and what’s it have to do with email?
- How to get your goals up on a board in front of you – to see your long term career, business, and life goals
- What’s a good daily email routine
- What’s a reboot ritual?
- How often should we check our email daily?
- What she learned about checking email from working with writers when at 99u.com
- What’s the importance of setting expectations
- A good way to use folders, but why she doesn’t use them (and what she does you)
- What David Allen’s 2-minute rule has to do with Email (David Allen – Getting Things Done)
- What’s a switching cost
- Why multi-tasking makes us stupid
- What’s an email audit
- How to make pitches, and when is it polite to respond
- What are pitches or emails that provoke action?
- Why we need to take another look at how we write emails
- How do we keep from being an idiot on email?
- Why you want to be as positive as possible via email
- Any advice for parents for kids with their email (or millennials)
- What’s the importance of a technology Shabbat, or an email Shabbat
- How to find Jocelyn Glei – go to www. jkglei.com and jkglei/unsubscribe
Jocelyn Glei on How to Retake Control of Your Email For Sanity & Success (Time Management)! Business & Career | Health | Inspiration | Motivation | Mindfulness | Inspirational | Motivational | Self-Improvement | Self-Help | Inspire
For More Info Visit: www.InspireNationShow.com