Mike Grillo, Co-Founder and CEO of Gravity Products (Time Magazine's 50 Best Inventions of 2018), talks about weighted blankets, Kickstarter, and how to grow a brand. Guest Biography
Beginning with the launch of the wildly successful Gravity Blanket in 2017, Gravity Products CEO & Co-Founder Mike Grillo has grown an innovative product into a $35 million company. Mike continues to oversee brand strategy, product development and corporate operations as he endeavors to build Gravity Products into a global sleep and relaxation brand.
Prior to his work with Gravity Products, Mike built a successful career in marketing, PR and supply chain management, working with global brands like PepsiCo, Pfizer and Mondelez. Mike was an early employee of VaynerMedia, where he managed marquee accounts like Hasbro before serving as Vice President at RFI Studios (a division of Ruder Finn), leading the agency’s digital and social capabilities. Mike has a deep passion for wellness and hopes that Gravity can play a meaningful role in advancing the national dialogue around mental health.
Since launching Gravity Products in 2017, Mike has overseen the expansion of the Gravity product line and endeavors to build Gravity into a global sleep and relaxation brand. The Gravity Blanket was named one of Time’s Best Inventions of 2018, and Gravity Products has become one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In this episode, you'll learn:
Show notes: http://www.inspiredmoney.fm/108 Find more from our guest:
- Why digital media companies are successfully launching products
- How to quickly test and validate product concepts, bring them to market, and scale.
- Whether Mike thinks it's better to sell direct to consumers online or to sell through brick and mortar retailers.
Mentioned in this episode: Runnymede Tip of the Week:
- Tips for validating a new product idea
Thanks for Listening! To share your thoughts: To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts. Your ratings and reviews really help, and I read each one. Email me your address, and I'll mail you an autographed copy of Kimo West and Ken Emerson's CD, Slackers in Paradise.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Special thanks to Jim Kimo West for the music.